4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Procharger vs kenne bell...

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:11 AM
stangbnmalo
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger vs kenne bell...

Thanks guys, I just want around 380 hp to the wheels of course, and turbo is out of the question since I already have hooker long tube headers
Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: 01snake

depends on the numbers you plan on making

i believe k.b.'s max out around 750ish rwhp
+1 instant boost

while procharger f1a's can do that without a breaking a sweat
+1 when it hits your in for a ride

personally i would look into a turbo. they are more efficient and can produce big bignumbers.
depends on the unit - the new KB's are significantly over rated for people who dont want be on the "edge"

the centri makes for a faster car, it just wont feel faster... the KB will get the jump, the centri will reel it in.. however with right the suspensionm, both are equal and the centri will win, esp with a built motor where you can turn some more rpms - the kb will over spin... but it all depends on power levels - its really a loaded question, but basically its easier to get traction with a centri, and there is no lag - just a different powerband. I actually think that a centri in alot of cases is faster than a turbo (if your pushing a good bit more power) bc the boost is instant... again too many vairables to just say one is better than the other.. all I know is dont like twin screws, the wear out the back cylinders faster to
Old 10-10-2007, 11:43 AM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangbnmalo

Thanks guys, I just want around 380 hp to the wheels of course, and turbo is out of the question since I already have hooker long tube headers
I'm running 385 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno with the Procharger.

I was looking at both centrifical and twin-skrew superchargers before I bought my Procharger. The KB will give you more power at lower rpms. The Procharge builds boost with rpms. Non-technical factors also influenced my selection of the Procharger. My car is a daily driver.I plan to drive it winter and summer. My wife sometimes drives my car. So I picked the Procharger. My wife drives easy so it handles almost like a stock mustang for her. If I drive easy it the winter it will be the same. When I want to play the power is there.

While I would have liked more low end power, I already can't use what I've got.If I gowide open throttle infirst all I do is spin. If I shift second and go WOT the tires break loose and all I do is spin. In both cases, with the Procharger, I have to quickly get off the throttle or else I'm past redline and going nowhere fast.

If the car is a daily driver, I'd recommend the Procharger.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 AM
trickdriller
4th Gear Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't have a bullit intake manifold AND a Kenne Bell anyway, right? The KB his it's own manifold from what I remember. And I'd go centri. You can gear your car to get into boost REAL quick if that's what you wanted and the centris will have a larger power band at that point. For a dialy drive, I think the Vortech or Procharger would be best. Check out the sticky thread in the Pipes, Boost and juice section. It shows you how to get a centri blower system for under $2000.

Also, you posted this in the 4.6 section. You're talking about a boost question and most of the people on this part of the Forum don't have blowers. That's what the Pipes, Boost and Juice section is for. If they're being unhelpful over there, that's over there. People here will give you as much help as they can, but remember, most of us don't have blowers yet. And complaining probably wont get you any more help
Old 10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
stangbnmalo
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for your advice guys, I ended up buying a procharger p1sc kit from texas hot rod , I hope you guys will keep helping me because now I have lots and lots of questions to ask. Thanks for everything again...