4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Thinking about some apperance mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:38 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default Thinking about some apperance mods

I am thinking of doing some small apperance mods to my car this summer. I was thinking along the lines of the standard Mach 1 Grill delete, tint on the windows. and the front spoiler.

I was also thinking about getting my rear spoiler painted black. Has anyone ever doen this, or have a picture? I am unsure what it will look like with the windows tinted (im getting them pretty dark) and am afraid there will be to much black on the car?

Also, I really love the mach 1 rims, and found a spot with chrome mach 1 rims in 17x9 and 17.10.5 for like 150-180 bucks. I am assuming you can run 17x10.5s on the car with no problems?? Will it look right, or will they stick out? Also, will the bigger rims really yeild better performance (with bigger tires etc) or is it to much of a pain for no gain?

Any comments are welcome.

Edit: Here are some pics uploaded to the forum already, cannot seem to find any on my computer. Gonna have to break out the digital camera again when my G/F gets back from her cruise.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:09 AM
JonBeast

Default RE: Thinking about some apperance mods

post this in the appearance forum and you will get more replies. Maybe a moderator will move it for you.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:09 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Who looks in the apperance forum? I dont think I have ever been in there.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Pacman
2nd Gear Member

i think it would look great with a black spoiler, just like the mach1. Theres a red mach1 here in town with blacked out windows and it looks damn good. Of course he has the chin spoiler, black shaker, black spoiler stock.

I say do it, my car is all black and now im wishing i got a different color so i could do the same.
Old 02-26-2005, 08:28 AM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Pacman

i think it would look great with a black spoiler, just like the mach1. Theres a red mach1 here in town with blacked out windows and it looks damn good. Of course he has the chin spoiler, black shaker, black spoiler stock.

I say do it, my car is all black and now im wishing i got a different color so i could do the same.
Nah, black's the only way to go
Old 02-26-2005, 09:41 AM
blank
2nd Gear Member

i would say do it i am imaging in my head adn it would look good i saw a silver stang with the chin spoiler and it looked great also there is a mach 1 red and it looks great like pacman said
Old 02-26-2005, 03:03 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Get the chrome Mach 1s... I love mine.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:21 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

get the tint. it made a world of difference on my car. i usually hate appearence mods, and do those after i make my car really fast. after seeing a car like mine with the tint, i was sold.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:22 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

I am thinking of doing some small apperance mods to my car this summer. I was thinking along the lines of the standard Mach 1 Grill delete, tint on the windows. and the front spoiler.

I was also thinking about getting my rear spoiler painted black. Has anyone ever doen this, or have a picture? I am unsure what it will look like with the windows tinted (im getting them pretty dark) and am afraid there will be to much black on the car?

Also, I really love the mach 1 rims, and found a spot with chrome mach 1 rims in 17x9 and 17.10.5 for like 150-180 bucks. I am assuming you can run 17x10.5s on the car with no problems?? Will it look right, or will they stick out? Also, will the bigger rims really yeild better performance (with bigger tires etc) or is it to much of a pain for no gain?

Edit: Here are some pics uploaded to the forum already, cannot seem to find any on my computer. Gonna have to break out the digital camera again when my G/F gets back from her cruise.

Hey, man. 10.5's fit nicely in the rear. Mitch (code3GT) has 10.5's with 335's mounted to those puppies and they look great. I envy that car in every way! It looks awsome. I want 10.5 deep dish bullitts SOOOOOO bad!
Old 02-26-2005, 03:51 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

Hey, man. 10.5's fit nicely in the rear. Mitch (code3GT) has 10.5's with 335's mounted to those puppies and they look great. I envy that car in every way! It looks awsome. I want 10.5 deep dish bullitts SOOOOOO bad!
I am assuming that you have to put the regular 9s on the front right????? Will they look any different? (I am thinking they will rub if you turn to sharp?????

Quick Reply: Thinking about some apperance mods