4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

question about rpms

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:48 AM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

Default question about rpms

i've had my mustang since August and i'll NEVER gotten it above 3000 RPMS. is that bad? i'm kinda a grandma driver in it....
Old 10-25-2007, 01:06 AM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: question about rpms

Bad? No, you are doing your engine a favor. The higher in the RPM band you go, the more wear and tear you put on the engine.

However, why own a mustang and not give it the romping it deserves now and then? The car was made to be driven. Drive that car like it should be!
Old 10-25-2007, 01:09 AM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

why? because i'm 19 and i'm already on pre-trial diversion for ONE ticket. Georgia is retarded.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:17 AM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ShinobiOfLegends

why? because i'm 19 and i'm already on pre-trial diversion for ONE ticket. Georgia is retarded.
As long as you do not break traction or the speed limit, there is nothing a cop can do to you for revving it up. I have taken it to 5 grand infront of cops before and waved at them as I passed them on the side of the road.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:21 AM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

oh i know that.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 AM
scfd524
2nd Gear Member

Actually it doesn't matter if you break the tires loose or exceed the speed limit. If you accelerate at a high rate, that's called Exhibition of Speed. Which is ticketable. I've even heard of people getting tickets for taunting because they weresitting at a light and reving the engine. Now weather the cop tickets you or even pulls you over is up to the cop. If they're an *** and having a crappy day, expect a big ticket. And you being able to hit 5K in front of a cop may mean that it's different in other states too. You can get on it though, I do all the time but there's a time and place for it so just be smart about where you do it. Don't go down a major street dragging at every stop light. Even though that'd be fun.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:36 AM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

i got a ticket for going 71 in a 40. i was driving my 3000GT and outran an old man in his porsche carrera who challanged to me to a race. he got madand used his phone to record a video of his speedo and me keepin up with him and then blowin past him and he called the police! it was total bull****! so we both ended up with speeding tickets and i had to go to court cause i'mn under 21! so i got a deal and got pre-trial for one year last march....
Old 10-25-2007, 01:53 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

ive heard you need to get it on it once in a while to help blow some of the gunk out of the motor...iunno tho. why buy a mustang particularly a v8 and not DRIVE it once in a while atleast? there are tracks, highway entrance ramps, etc...
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 AM
Zanador
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MU71L4710N

ive heard you need to get it on it once in a while to help blow some of the gunk out of the motor...iunno tho. why buy a mustang particularly a v8 and not DRIVE it once in a while atleast? there are tracks, highway entrance ramps, etc...
Good point- getting up in the RPM's also helps burn off excess carbon that builds up in the engine.
Old 10-25-2007, 04:31 AM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

Dont lugyour engine! Have fun with your car theres no point having a v8 and not using it. If you dont want to get in trouble then go to a track.

Quick Reply: question about rpms