4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

Default Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT

Front End:
Ripped out the stock suspension and replaced it with a lighter tubular K-Member, tubular LCA's, Bilstein HD coilovers to replace stock struts and a bumpsteer kit along with Wilwood Superlite 6 big brake kit on the front! Spring rates for the front are 450 lbs.

Thats Sean installing the brake lines(I suck at bending brake line!). He's showing me how much he loves bending brake line! LOL!

Installed some caster/camber plates so that we can easily adjust the camber for track days.

Rear:
Replaced the Rear stock LCA with a lighter Road race one and replaced the stock shocks with Bilstein HD coilovers. Rear spring rates are 350 lbs. I still need to install the panhard bar and torque arm but I'll do that when the Long tube headers and midpipe arrive next week.

Spherical bushings for rear shocks for better shock articulation

When Iinstall the MAC LT's, PHB and TA I'm also going to have the 31 spline axles, Posi and 4:10 gears installed by another shop. This way, when I get it back, I can put the Wilwood Superlite 4 piston brake kit on the rear axle and install the MAC Prochambers and Flowmaster 40's

John.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:09 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT

sweet set up
Old 10-27-2007, 04:11 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Wow, I bet that car handles great when it's all done. I like the sound of everything to come as well. That's going to be a really nice car. I don't know what else you have done, but it's going to be a great platform to build a really nice car from. Time for FI!
Old 10-27-2007, 04:18 PM
rthouck
2nd Gear Member

apparently you have an excess of money... please send me some... I'm currently in iraq so you can just forward it here....
Old 10-27-2007, 04:56 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

Damn nice set up! and i thought the one i just did was intense =p
whats the numbers you got for caster/camber/toe in??
how does the rear end feel??
how stiff is the ride and do you get any pops when you go over bumps?
Old 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Very nice!!![/align][/align]Suspension upgrades are on my short list...[/align]
Old 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: majinprodigy

Damn nice set up! and i thought the one i just did was intense =p
whats the numbers you got for caster/camber/toe in??
how does the rear end feel??
how stiff is the ride and do you get any pops when you go over bumps?
I can get up to 3* camber with them.

Rear end feels pretty good even without the PHB. I ran it around a few corners and it feels good although the rear endwas a little twitchy on some of the corners I ran so the PHB should help out.
Rear end is STIFF with the spring rates I have on there now. I was driving down the 5 freeway at around 80 and whenever I would hit some of the freeway transitions that go from asphalt to concrete and back to asphalt it would launch the car pretty good but in the corners this car is a MONSTER! I can't wait to get it out on the track!

John
Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

hahah i was testing mine out on the ortega the other day and noticed the same thing! whenever i hit dips in the road surface, bumps or uneven surface it requires alot of steering energy to keep the car on line.
i just adjusted my shocks to a softer setting and im experimenting to see if i can get it to feel nicer.
where abouts the 5 do you live??
which track are you going to take it to? please say willow...
Old 10-27-2007, 09:39 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

oh also wanted to know how much more noise do you hear in the cabin?? do you hear any new vibrations from outside (like parts from car) or any weird sounds??
have you done any launches yet?? notice any difference?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:30 PM
Novanutcase
3rd Gear Member

hahah i was testing mine out on the ortega the other day and noticed the same thing! whenever i hit dips in the road surface, bumps or uneven surface it requires alot of steering energy to keep the car on line.
i just adjusted my shocks to a softer setting and im experimenting to see if i can get it to feel nicer.
where abouts the 5 do you live??
which track are you going to take it to? please say willow...
If the "willow" you're speaking of is "Buttonwillow" then that is the one although I also want to take her out to Willow Springs! After I've dialed her in I want to take her up to Laguna Seca and some of the other fairly local tracks!

I live near Glendale, Cali!

The shocks and Springs are tuned to each other so if I change the springs I need to change the shocks too although there is a margin of spring rate I can run with the same shock but if I go for the "comfort" ride the Bilstiens will not be working correctly!

I yanked the stock seats and put Corbeau F1X's so the minimal padding doesn't help the ride either! LOL!

oh also wanted to know how much more noise do you hear in the cabin?? do you hear any new vibrations from outside (like parts from car) or any weird sounds??
have you done any launches yet?? notice any difference?
I've pulled the back seat and all the linings in the trunk so when I go over a fairly large bump with the rear tires you can hear the LCA's and the rear shock sphericals clanking back there! I might fab up some sort of lightweight rear seat delete to lessen the noise a little.
Haven't really done any hard launches yet but I know that when the car was stock it had pretty bad wheel hop so hopefully the new setup will eliminate or at least lessen it.

OH! I forgot to mention that the SFC's made a huge differnce to how stiff the car is! As I said before, corners are much more predictable at speed!

John

Quick Reply: Maximum Motorsports Max Grip Box Install into a '03 GT