MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Badging? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/363061-badging.html)

Malachi 10-28-2007 11:22 AM

Badging?

Wouldputting a Cobra rear wing on a GT orputtinga Saleen body kit on a GTbe considered badging? Just curious.

mvr 10-28-2007 11:25 AM

RE: Badging?

im a fobra:D

as long as you dont put the actuall cobra or SVT badge on the car i dont consider it "badging".

AJ06GT 10-28-2007 11:38 AM

Yeah, I don't think a wing itself is bad. As long as you don't have Cobra tags you're alright.

Xemeth 10-28-2007 11:46 AM

You're good as long as there's no snake, SVT logo, or the word COBRA written on the car. Bumpers, side skirts, wings, hoods, etc... are OK.

03mustgt 10-28-2007 12:01 PM

This subject has always cracked me up, I dont understand how you can make your car look exactly like a cobra but as long as there are no emblems on it its ok. But if you put emblems on it its a fobra? Thats the dumbest logic ever....... Its your car man if you want to put a cobra on it do it. Personally I tend to identify cars by their looks/body accents, not badges. If i saw an 03 cobra front bumper on a 99-04 mustang at night I would think it was a cobra.........

96GT226410 10-28-2007 12:01 PM

Not tech related. Why can't people understand this?! [:@]

uberstang1 10-28-2007 12:47 PM

putting cobra badges on cars that arent cobras give real cobras a bad rep, theres a guy in town with a BONE stock 97 v6, cobra badges, hood, and front bumper, but its a bone stock v6 doenst even have aftermarket exhaust to even make it look like a v8, so all the ricers roll all over him with eclipses and preludes, then they run around talking about how they smoke cobras..........

03mustgt 10-28-2007 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: uberstang1

putting cobra badges on cars that arent cobras give real cobras a bad rep, theres a guy in town with a BONE stock 97 v6, cobra badges, hood, and front bumper, but its a bone stock v6 doenst even have aftermarket exhaust to even make it look like a v8, so all the ricers roll all over him with eclipses and preludes, then they run around talking about how they smoke cobras..........
I get that, but what about a race at night with a car that has a complete cobra body kit, do you think a ricer will think they beat a cobra then? I do. Any real enthusiast will be able to tell its not a cobra, but most morons wont be able too. Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt put them on my car, but i wouldnt call someone a douche for putting them on theirs.

ben790450 10-28-2007 01:49 PM

I didnt get a cobra front bumper becuase i wanted my car to look like a cobra. I got it because a) I HAD to get a new front bumper becuase my old one got backed into and i didnt want to roll around like everyone else on this site with a gt bumper and chin spoiler. and b) the cobra bumper provides better down force and cooling. It looks worlds better than it did with GT bumper but you'd have to be a moron to think my car was a cobra. Dude its body pieces. Do what you want. Dont let some kids on here tell you its wrong to put stuff on your car. ITS YOUR CAR. We may disagree with stuff but do what you wanna do. But yeah cobra badges are where i draw the line.

GhostRider02GT 10-28-2007 01:53 PM

I will have 4.6 or 5.0(if stroked) badges, 03 cobra front bumper, some kind of cowl hood, spoilerless, bullitt side scoops, cobra side skirts, 03 cobra rear bumper(front and rear bumper are jacked up) and fr500 wheels. You can call mine a mutt, but IMO itll be clean and it only matters to you.