4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need Part Names/#s

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

Default Need Part Names/#s

I've got an '02 GT I'm looking to do the basic mods on like everyone else. It already has an X pipe w/high flow cats, flowmasters, and a BBK CAI. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly what to buy. If you all could chime in and tell me what Parts (and part #s if ya got 'em) to buy and the best place to buy them, that'll be cool. I'm looking to just buy all this stuff at the same time and then get it all installed at the same time and be done with it. From what I've read so far, I'm looking at a TB and Plenum, pullies, and a set of gears (and anything else I might have left out). This car is simply going to be a street cruiser for me to play with, I don't have any major plans for the future. Thanks for your help.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Master
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need Part Names/#s

how much HP you looking to make? or how fast you wanna go? the list can go on and on but it all depends on how deep your wallet or how bad you have the itch
Old 02-27-2005, 08:17 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Master

how much HP you looking to make? or how fast you wanna go? the list can go on and on but it all depends on how deep your wallet or how bad you have the itch

Hmmm....good questions. I guess I don't really know how much HP or how fast. The car is just going to be a street cruiser/toy for me. I will not be racing it (not at the track anyway). I guess I'm just looking for the biggest bangs for my bucks. Speaking of which....I've got about 3 Grand to play with. Keep in mind that I'm not too mechanically inclined and will have to pay to have this stuff professionally installed. Thanks.

Almost forgot.....wheels/tires are on a separate budget. Think I've decided to go with some 17X9 chrome '03 Cobra rims with some 275/40/17s all the way around. I like the looks of the 275s in the front and 315s in the rear better but, I'd rather be able to rotate 'em so that's why I'm going with 275s.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

For three grand you can have a FULL bolt on. Ive spent about $2800 on all my stuff and that includes some labor. Here is my list.

70mm Mac TB
85mm ProM MAM
Densecharger CAI
Steeda UD pulleys
Mac Ceramic Coated LT headers
Bassani O/R X pipe
Magnaflow Weld-in mufflers
Magnaflow 3.5†exhaust tips
SCT Chip
Ported and polished stock plenum.

H&R 1.5†progressive rate lowering springs
Monroe Sensatrac Fox body rear shocks
Blue Oval upper and lower control arms
FMS 4.10 gears
11" upgraded Ford racing clutch
Nitto 555R Drag Radials

Pro 5.0 Short throw shifter
Fan on/off switch
Mach 1 Grill Delete kit

Just bought a dremel today to port and polish mu plenum.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:29 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

For three grand you can have a FULL bolt on. Ive spent about $2800 on all my stuff and that includes some labor. Here is my list.

70mm Mac TB
85mm ProM MAM
Densecharger CAI
Steeda UD pulleys
Mac Ceramic Coated LT headers
Bassani O/R X pipe
Magnaflow Weld-in mufflers
Magnaflow 3.5†exhaust tips
SCT Chip

H&R 1.5†progressive rate lowering springs
Monroe Sensatrac Fox body rear shocks
Blue Oval upper and lower control arms
FMS 4.10 gears
11" upgraded Ford racing clutch
Nitto 555R Drag Radials

Pro 5.0 Short throw shifter
Fan on/off switch
Mach 1 Grill Delete kit

Just bought a dremel today to port and polish mu plenum.

Ok, cool. Where do you suggest I buy all this stuff? Decisions, decisions..........damn, I wish there was a place I could just do some "one stop shopping".

Also, got any idea what kinda #s you're puttin' down with all that?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:54 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I would just shop around for the best prices. My first trip to the dyno said 276rwhp and 325 ftlbs of tq. Now that I have the gears... the numbers went down to 260 and 310 believe.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:12 AM

I would just shop around for the best prices. My first trip to the dyno said 276rwhp and 325 ftlbs of tq. Now that I have the gears... the numbers went down to 260 and 310 believe.
why'd they go down? 4.10s draw more power or what?

Old 02-28-2005, 01:16 AM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

Dang, I thought you'd have more hp than that jd...

Old 02-28-2005, 12:16 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

why'd they go down? 4.10s draw more power or what?
Im not sure of the particular reason. It's been explained to me but I didnt hold on to the info. I was kinda disappointed at the dyno but my 13.0 says it all IMO. I ported and polished my plenum yesterday and it pulls a little better in third gear now... but im going to buy some more wheels and port it some more today. I went through like six wheels yesterday.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

With that said.....in your honest opinion.....is it really worth all the time, effort, and money to do all these relatively minor mods (especially for someone like me who will not ever be going to the track)? Or, is it just more about show-and-tell and/or bragging rights?

Quick Reply: Need Part Names/#s