4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN I DO NOW???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 03:23 PM
drmdroptop01

Default WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN I DO NOW???

took my 01 gt conv. to RUSSELL & SMITH ford in Houston, Tx for heater/ac core replement at 60500 miles.. they serviced the core and gave me back my car with NO OIL. Needless to say, bout 15 or so miles home, my engine blew out. RUSSELL & SMITH FORD is not taking liability because the state that my chip and exhaust void any warranty possibility. Now i have my GT with a blown engine at home.. What can i do now!!! Should i try repairing or try buying a new one or what?? [:@]
Old 03-02-2005, 03:25 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default RE: WHAT IN THE WORLD CAN I DO NOW???

How much oil did u have in the car before you went over there? Is it required to let all of the oil out to do to fix the heater?If they let all the oil out and forgot to put more in, thats on them. If they arent willin to pay, take em to court.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:36 PM
drmdroptop01

I just had an oil change done the month before, by them. They have done all my servicing. Their stance is that #1; they did not tamper with any of my fluids ie, oil, coolant, windshield... and #2; since i added all those mods and my vehicle is out of warranty, by 500 miles, then they are not responsible, period. I have talked to an attorney and a couple say my odds are slim to none of any kind of judgement going my way..
Old 03-02-2005, 04:15 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

That's total bullsh!t! How the hell can you not win a case like that, in this most litigous country in the world? I say keep looking for an attorney who says you have a case because if your car was left in their care and they returned it to you with no oil, then that is totally their fault. Obviously the car had oil in it when you drove it there because you did drive it there right? I don't care how dumb anybody is, it's just not believable that a chip and exhaust would affect the oil level in your car.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:38 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Yeah... this just happened to a friend of mine and they wouldnt replace the engine either... so he called the guys at Dearborn, I think it was, and they called that dealership and said replace the engine or else. I will get you the number if I can get a hold of him if you'd like.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Choppa
3rd Gear Member

my moms friend got an oil change and they didnt put oil bakc in the car. it was a new galant and the dealer gave her a brand new replacement galant. but in your case i can see how your warranty is voided but that has nothin to do with this case. they will take the facts and prove that you drove there with oil in the car and left with no oil. The dealer will have to prove that they never touched the oil, hard to do unless they were taping all the work they did. and if you were leaking oil the trail would lead from where u started to their drive way. so it was in their care when you lost the oil. BUT the only downfall to your case would be you got about 15 miles you say, thats a little to far without oil (to much time to temper with the car). that is very far and my moms friend only got about half a mile before hers blew if u can leave the fact about how far u drove out or if youre jus guessing a lil high then you will win the case.

let me kno wat happens with this?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

yea, don't roll over on something this huge. Find a lawyer who has abrain in his head, you havea solid case. No reason for a shop to had over a car to be driven knowing there is no oil in the car. You can sue for damages, emotional distress, loss of work, all kinds of shiz. Don't let them screw you over man, someone goofed up and they should pay for it.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:11 PM
redmustanggt
1st Gear Member

Someone can find an attorney for spilling coffee and burning themselvs becasue the cup said that it wasnt hot and they win the case but he cant find an attorney becasue it was their fault to put oil back in the car after doing repairs and the attorneys say his chances on slim to none on winning??? Now that is what we call bu!!****.