4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help me out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:48 PM
njdanmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default Help me out!!!

Hey what's up guys!

Well I drive a 99 Mustang 3.8L Manual with 80,xx miles on it bbk intake/flowmasters and some other bells and whistles. Well the power rush for me got shot down after my buddy drove me around in his STI so I need to upgrade!!!

Here's the difficult choice:

Get a 99-04 GT around $9-12k and throw $2-3k Mods in it!!!

or

Buy a 03-04 Mach1 around 14-17k$ and just ride stock for a while, maybeupgradeexhaust/ram air?!?! (And do more mods later on!)
OH yeah! The Mach1'slook so sexy and are hard to find!!

I've been a mustang maniac since I was around 6 and I love the way they drive!! Just wondering what you would all do?

Also, was lookin at LMperform. and saw this GT package SLP offers! Any words on quality would be appreciated!
http://www.lmperformance.com/6738/50.html

Thanksa Bunch! -Dan

p.s. If anyone in the Central Jersey area is interested in the V6 feel free to let me know! Thecar soundsawesome and isin near perfect condition!Offers are greatly appreciated! (Apologize for putting this in wrong forum!)
Old 11-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me out!!!

The SLP package's claims are wrong. Nice stuff, just doens't make that kind of power. Unelss you're going to get a GT and take that 3k and spend it on a blower, the Mach 1 is your best bet. 2-3k in bolt ons for a GT will barely get you where the Mach is stock...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
njdanmustang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks a lot Mark!

This is the kind of stuff I like to hear!

I've always thought the Mach would be the best bet, and I knew that SLP kit had no way increases 90HP from Bolt Ons! Yet it would be fun to see a fast GT for a change since people don't expect it!

Moving on now to begin the search for a nice Mach!

Any other opinions or "what you would do" would be greatly appreciated!

-Dan
Old 11-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Well, you could also look for a 96-98 cobra. They should cost a good deal less than a Mach and are also a great platform for modding. You could use the difference in pricefor mods. They're fairly similar to the Mach, both 4v engines, but not identical. Having a GT I can say I wish I saved for a Cobra/Mach...
Old 11-09-2007, 03:36 PM
njdanmustang
2nd Gear Member

Haven't looked much into the 96-98's, what was stockperformance stats?

Also I have to say from a look standpoint the Mach's are just stunning!
That functional ram air hood just shouts bad a*&!!!

Also my pops drives a Countour SVT, yes one of those rarities! Is there much aftermarket for them?

-Dan
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

Head over to svtperformance.com, mach1registry.org and ask around in the mach 1 and svt subforums here. Theres plenty of info on those two sites that pertains to those two specific cars.