4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'M READY TO DRIVE OVER A CLIFF!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Default I'M READY TO DRIVE OVER A CLIFF!

On my way to surprise my grandparents for lunch today, and on my way, just cruising in 5th at 65mph....she goes BOOOOOOOOM!!!!

I thought my x-pipe fell off...thats what it sounded like. I immediately pull over to the shoulder, and pop the hood with the engine running...look around for a while, and see that my ****ING SPARK PLUG BLEW OUT THE HEAD AGAIN!!!!!!!!

SoI ended up waiting for 1 hour for AAA to show up and 2 hours for them to get it on the damn flatbed (damn you lowering springs), and had it towed to the ****ing dealership that ****ing installed it the last ****ing time.

I walked it, FURIOUS...pulled the service guy out and told him to fix it and I'm not paying a cent for it.

The story a few months ago was that cyl. #6 blew a plug, and I took it to the dealership to re-thread the heads, and they charged me a whopping $600. THEY were supposed to torque the plugs down right, and THEY were not supposed to cross-thread them in. THEY told me that it shouldn't happen ever again.

So the guy said to leave it there overnight, and he may call my tonight, but if not, tomorrow morning. He said that if it's something they can take care of, they will, and if not, they'll make it good for me...(God knows WTF that means)...

So am I at fault here???? I paid them $600 to fix this problem once, and to install new Motorcraft spark plugs that I bought from them, mind you, they were $80. They told me it should never happen again, now it did...should I have to pay for it?

I'm REALLY considering selling this thing once and for all. If that doesn't happen, I'm getting a POS beater and driving that everyday until I can afford to build this motor up and perhaps just drive it on the weekends.

What do you think? [&:][:@][:'(][>:][X(][][&o]
Old 11-12-2007, 06:56 PM
MUSTANGRIDAH4LIFE
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: F**K LIFE!!!!!! I'M READY TO DRIVE OVER A CLIFF!

relax man if it makes you feel any better my stang has given me problem after problem over the years but now is running right,make a long story short ive put 2 engines in this car not including the original from factory and 3 trannys,but like i said now its running great,so when i say "i feel u bro",i realy do and a little bit more than you.so just try to make sure its done right to the best of your capability,and everything will get better. Damn sound like a freakin motavational speaker!
Old 11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

i say buy pos beater and build the motor once you have money :] it'd be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

dont even think of buying that damn pos korean car you mentioned to me... argh!

matt, we're mustangless. gg
Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

lol sorry buddy but i gotta say this, how are you going to drive off a cliff if you can't drive your car???hahaha
but anyways, you have to look at it this way man, us 17yr olds haven't seen **** yet, things happen and in the end you'll make out alright. my brother built a motor by himself pretty much, had 400+hp and it crapped out on him because it overheated, did he stop? no, he got a 500hp motor and then that blew up on him, but yet he still has his car. with saying that i'm just trying to get the point that just because you have a setback, don't throw it all away. i'd suggest getting a beater anyways for winter though, and it'll save on these horrendous gas prices, i've been driving my truck then more than my car even after i put my cobra motor in it..you'd think i'd wanna have fun with that more that my ****ter truck haha
anyways sorry for the rantish thing, w/e you'd like to call it, but hoped i helped
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Take it easy... it will be alright!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM
Ehmark
3rd Gear Member

You have some crazy Ford dealers none of the dealers near me would evenattempt re threading it.Dealershipsare suppossed to change the head.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:52 PM
jEEd
I ♥ Acer

pretty much matt.. i wanna drive mine off a cliff, well not the car just the motor ahahaha cause my car is just superb. the stupid *** internals are ****ting.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:12 PM
jman511115
2nd Gear Member

Time to do a h/c/i.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 PM
majinprodigy
3rd Gear Member

hey cobrastang, which dealership??
i got some good connections at tuttleclick ford (moms bf works there) and the guy in charge of customer service is a personal friend of mine, so let me know which dealership.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:57 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Majin,I took it to*********** Ford, and I HATE them over there.

I'll never take my car back there, because they just want to screw me over for my money.

Thanks for the help, but since theyfixed this last time, and now it happened again, I doubt another dealership can do it. I just needthem to do it for free...and if they don't, then I'll send you a PM. GRC said they can do it for like $90.00 or w/e but I want to milkthem for what they got before paying out of my pocket.

Quick Reply: I'M READY TO DRIVE OVER A CLIFF!