4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Fuel system cleaner testimonial

Old 11-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Fuel system cleaner testimonial

I tried getting my GF to feel bad trying to put my spin on things but she wasn't havin it! Make up sex isn't as good, when you know you really hurt her feelings.

But oh well what ever happens, happens. This is a Mustang forum, not a Harpo Production.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:46 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: sxynerd

I tried getting my GF to feel bad trying to put my spin on things but she wasn't havin it! Make up sex isn't as good, when you know you really hurt her feelings.

But oh well what ever happens, happens. This is a Mustang forum, not a Harpo Production.
Hahah... you seriously need to do some stand up.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

I tried stand up, but they couldn't see the movie ; told me to shut up and sit back down! Never try doing stand comedy in the middle of the movie "The Notebook"? It's not recieved very well...[:@]
Old 11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

ha. Just now noticed this but.... Thread jacking FTW.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:07 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

It was a dumb question anyway...
The thread has officially be Highjacked

A man was stopped at a red light when a fantastic looking blonde pulled up beside him in a really hot Mustang convertible.
Trying to start a conversation, the man asked, "Hey,..... how many horses you got under the hood?"
The blonde looked at the man bewildered, and replied, "Well,.... there's one on the left side, one on the right side, ....... and oh yeah, there's one on that little front thingy."

Old 11-28-2007, 11:11 AM
1fstblckgt
I ♥ Acer

Well you've made my day at work better.. Ill give you that.
Old 11-29-2007, 12:08 AM
SnakeCarDriver
1st Gear Member

Why am I taking $hit from a guy who references thumbelina and her four friends??

I obviously am in the minority on this one and I admit my fingernails haven't an ounce of auto grease under them at the moment, but seriously, impeded FLOWwould suck but impededDELIVERY would suck harder. Fuel impurities are a bitch and would create incomplete combustion but run a dirty fuel filter long enough and you'll see the byproducts of that incomplete combustionin forms of gums and varnishes all over the injectors, cylinder walls, and seals! Exactly why a cleaner worked so well. Thanks for the tirant, though 1fstblckgtt
Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 PM
SnakeCarDriver
1st Gear Member

So, I guess you consider this 'stupid question' settled then -- a half-witted reply and then a hijack. Like I said, dealership phonies!

Please don't respond if you'regonna argue about flow and delivery because you're just confusing yourself.

Ian.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Hi Ian, My name is Mike. I'm a monkey....

FI cleaner will account for a for a small fraction of your feeling of HP increase. You will feel it as an increase in Throttle response not HP. Your flow on the other hand is what you got the most gains out of. The occasional use of Injector cleaner WILL DO NOTHING. And, is honestly only useful in normal preventative Maint. Injector cleaner coats and cleans the injectors by stopping it from forming in the first place. You obviously only came on here to express your opinion and am not willing to learn anything. So debating with you seems futile... Remember I'm just a monkey, what do I know?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:29 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1fstblckgt
ORIGINAL: SnakeCarDrivermmmhmm. you guys are worse than my dealership!
First of all, I really dont believe you have any knowledge of cars anyway, much less a mustang.Secondly, If you're telling me that CLEARING UP THE FLOW of fuel doesn't help out if its clogged up then you need to go back to school for a little while.(By the way, If you didnt know... the engine has to have fuel to run.) Which includes fuel delivery.
Who was this directed at? Sound info and the SnakeOilman is right, a cleaner and filter change will make the car run better. If you have never had your injectors professionally cleaned you would be surprised how much the flow can change with a good cleaning and the cleaners do work. Better than $25. each for the pro cleaning for most of us also. Thanks for the tip as I should replace my filter even though it has been changed and the car has 67k miles on it. A can of cleaner will go into it also. anyone use seafoam? On DSM's we used chrysler upper combustion chamber cleaner and it really cleaned the pistons also. I thought I was running out of fuel tonight on a run through the gears one it got into 3rd so filter and cleaner it is! THX, Snake!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel system cleaner testimonial