4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 12:21 AM
leadsailspaperanchor
1st Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth

ok sorry bout that.... im still new to this **** guys... this is my first true car that i get to work on do whatever the hell i want to on. this is a learning car to me.we all gotta start somewhere.i mean dont get me wrong im not completely stupid with cars, but by no means am i the greatest....

so what would give me the most power for the buck other than blowing it orthrowing a turbo init?

but i do feel like an idiot now.....
Old 12-04-2007, 10:42 AM
bjh061487
3rd Gear Member

get LM'1s... louder but since you are just doing the catback they won't be super loud. if you had a full exhaust done then i would say go with lm'2s but....
Old 12-04-2007, 12:56 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: leadsailspaperanchor

ok sorry bout that.... im still new to this **** guys... this is my first true car that i get to work on do whatever the hell i want to on. this is a learning car to me.we all gotta start somewhere.i mean dont get me wrong im not completely stupid with cars, but by no means am i the greatest....

so what would give me the most power for the buck other than blowing it orthrowing a turbo init?

but i do feel like an idiot now.....
There is no such thing as good bang for buck power wise other than adding a power adder, I would recommend a new set of gears if you want a nice seat of your pants feel. If you have an automatic, get a jmod/tune/cooler and that'll be a decent change in the car. I have had both lmII's and lmI's and I like the lmI's more but thats personal pref. Don't feel stupid dude, everyone has to learn sometime, and its not like everyone on here can dissasemble/tune/rebalance an engine by themselves. =P
Old 12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
leadsailspaperanchor
1st Gear Member

its a 5 speed 02 gt. so do you think 3.73s or 3.90s? I want to still be able to get OK gas mileage.

but im happy with the sound of my car right now. i love the tone. i was just wanting to add some power and maybe a little tone change, but honestly if im only going to get MAYBE 2 rwhp out of it, $440 isnt worth it to me

also can you install gears on your own or would taking it to a shop be best? Id rather do it myself and get pride out of it, but if a shop is REQUIRED ill do that....
Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 AM
DTK
3rd Gear Member

its a 5 speed 02 gt. so do you think 3.73s or 3.90s? I want to still be able to get OK gas mileage.

but im happy with the sound of my car right now. i love the tone. i was just wanting to add some power and maybe a little tone change, but honestly if im only going to get MAYBE 2 rwhp out of it, $440 isnt worth it to me

also can you install gears on your own or would taking it to a shop be best? Id rather do it myself and get pride out of it, but if a shop is REQUIRED ill do that....
If you are really worried about gas mileage keep the stock gears. If you are looking for a little performance improvement you could go with 3.73, 3.90 or 4.10. Remember though that when you change the gears you need to recalibrate the speedo. You can either install a speed-cal or buy a handheld tuner which can do that for you. (The tuner can be used for much more than that though and is almost a must have for performance upgrades).

The catback may not add any serious hp to your setup but imo it isone of the best mods I added to mine so far.I went with the LM2 and I love the tips and the sound. Plus, if you go with headers and an aftermarket midpipe (down the road)the catback will complete your exhaust setup as well.

Not sure if you found this sticky yet but here is the one for exhaust sound clips.

https://mustangforums.com/m_2189116/tm.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM
stangdriver2007
2nd Gear Member

well i plan on doing some bolt ons in the future, its just i like to plan things out and go ahead and get them out of the way.

I plan on doing underdrive pulleys, new H pipe(not sure on catted or o/r), catback, jlt rai, 70mm bbk throttle body and plenum, and a rim and nittotire upgrade, and maybe a slight suspension upgrade.

Maybe in 6 months or a year i can do LT headers. Me and a friend are going to install them over the Christmas break on his Mach 1 so maybe when i get mine ill have a general idea of how to do it

Hopefully I can have this all done in a year or year and a half or so

[edit] right now i have the stock h pipe and flowmaster super 40s on there. the car came with em. how much louder do you think it would be comparedto this? its already pretty ****ing loud

dont waste your money on the 70 mm tb get the 75mm. its a waste to get the 70 verse the 75 and also spend the extra money and the full JLT intake not the ram air
Old 12-05-2007, 10:58 AM
stangdriver2007
2nd Gear Member

unless you know how and have already done a rear end before then go for it but if u dont know how to do it, dont even try. the shims and measurements have to be exactly on and if they arent u will find out the hard way while goin down the road. ive done a rear end before but i still took my car to a shop to have them do it.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Cassies01GT
2nd Gear Member

why even get a throttle body if the heads are restricted to how much air they take in?

Btw I forget whats the stock size TB 65mm?