4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

SLP Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 07:28 PM
leadsailspaperanchor
1st Gear Member

Default SLP Loudmouth

So im considering a SLP Loudmouth II catback for a little exhaust upgrade. What are your opinions on em and [EDITED FOR STUPIDITY] Id like to get an idea of how itd sound before I go into this

Also did anyone notice a significant hp increase?
Old 12-03-2007, 08:22 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

Default RE: SLP Loudmouth

if you have a mostly stock car you wont see much hp gain, you'll get like 1-2 whp from a catback.

here is a clip of my car with just lm2 catback. sounds pretty good for just a catback.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6TPAcD0wow
Old 12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
wgdt21
5th Gear Member

I have LM II catback and slp catted x. It sounds pretty good, but I want to switch to and O/R X pipe.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

I have an MRT catted H and I've had the LM1's and the 2's. They both sound great but I like the 1's better. The perfect loudness.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:41 PM
leadsailspaperanchor
1st Gear Member

well i plan on doing some bolt ons in the future, its just i like to plan things out and go ahead and get them out of the way.

I plan on doing underdrive pulleys, new H pipe(not sure on catted or o/r), catback, jlt rai, 70mm bbk throttle body and plenum, and a rim and nittotire upgrade, and maybe a slight suspension upgrade.

Maybe in 6 months or a year i can do LT headers. Me and a friend are going to install them over the Christmas break on his Mach 1 so maybe when i get mine ill have a general idea of how to do it

Hopefully I can have this all done in a year or year and a half or so

[edit] right now i have the stock h pipe and flowmaster super 40s on there. the car came with em. how much louder do you think it would be comparedto this? its already pretty ****ing loud
Old 12-03-2007, 10:02 PM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: leadsailspaperanchor

well i plan on doing some bolt ons in the future, its just i like to plan things out and go ahead and get them out of the way.

I plan on doing underdrive pulleys, new H pipe(not sure on catted or o/r), catback, jlt rai, 70mm bbk throttle body and plenum, and a rim and nittotire upgrade, and maybe a slight suspension upgrade.

Maybe in 6 months or a year i can do LT headers. Me and a friend are going to install them over the Christmas break on his Mach 1 so maybe when i get mine ill have a general idea of how to do it

Hopefully I can have this all done in a year or year and a half or so

[edit] right now i have the stock h pipe and flowmaster super 40s on there. the car came with em. how much louder do you think it would be comparedto this? its already pretty ****ing loud
you havnt heard a loud setup then, like o/r x and lm1. now thats ****ing loud.

lm2 vs flow s40's, i would assume the lm2's would be a tad louder. it'll be more of a different sound overall, not as deep or loud down low but louder up top.
Old 12-03-2007, 10:08 PM
leadsailspaperanchor
1st Gear Member

yeah. your right.im not sure if ive heard anything super loud. im just afraid that it would be too loud and annoying.

I love the tone i have right now. its amazing! I just want to add some performance and from what I can understand exhaust flow and air flow is really good for the 2vs.

All im looking for is a low tone exhaust like i have now, but that has performance and has bang for the buck
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 PM
GrayGhost01GT
4th Gear Member

lm2's and super nice quality stainless and the tips are nice just a perfect rumble but amazing @ WOT! id say it wont have as much of a drone with the flows u have so quiter at cruising speeds and louder at WOT! and not as much of an wide open sound but a rumble!
Old 12-03-2007, 11:39 PM
GhostRider02GT
5th Gear Member

yeah. your right.im not sure if ive heard anything super loud. im just afraid that it would be too loud and annoying.

I love the tone i have right now. its amazing! I just want to add some performance and from what I can understand exhaust flow and air flow is really good for the 2vs.

All im looking for is a low tone exhaust like i have now, but that has performance and has bang for the buck
WHOA, lemme stop you there. Our 2Vs SUCK with air flow thanks to our heads
Old 12-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GhostRider02GT

WHOA, lemme stop you there. Our 2Vs SUCK with air flow thanks to our heads

x2, its the main reason we suck when it comes to bolt ons.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth