4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Audio guys help me out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

Default Audio guys help me out!!!

(I know I know wrong section but since there is like 2 ppl in the audio section at any given time I figured this would be faster.)

What brands shouldI be looking at for a4 channel amp for components? I hear stay away from JVC car audio products, any others I should be looking out for? Should I just stick w/ the big names like kicker, pioneer, alpine, kenwood or JL audio? Personal experiences w/ each?

here is the link to the other thread for more details on my system
https://mustangforums.com/m_4277099/tm.htm
Old 12-05-2007, 09:43 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Audio guys help me out!!!

I love JVC. Those are the only head units i will buy.

JVC for head units
Alpine for speakers
and Kenwood for subs and amps. . .

But thats just me. . .
Old 12-05-2007, 09:56 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I only listen to my exhaust

Thats alot of weight your wanting to add.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:06 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

Just had installed:
Head unit= JVC 7" In-Dash DVD Player (Model #: JVC KWAVX800)
Speakers= Polk (they were on sale)

Should I be looking at the Kenwood KAC-8452model?
Old 12-05-2007, 10:07 PM
faststang04

Diamond and Soundstream make good stuff. have you looked at www.onlinecarstereo.com? I purchased a JVC in dash video player for my girlfriends car, great deal w/free fast shipping. For Head units Eclipse is the only way to go.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:22 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

Pull up next me sometime and you wont be able to hear your exhaust over mine.And how do you figure im adding "alot of weight", I replaced my door speaker and replaced my head unit (wow so much weight right there) and im talking about replacing my mach 460 system that right now has two 2 channel amps w/ a 4 channel amp instead. So now that Im so weighed down your stang might be able to keep up.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
venom3469
1st Gear Member

if I were you I would go with kicker they hit like he'll. Don't bottom out as much as others and a great quality sub. That's my opinion. In my old car I bought a few of them and nothing came close to my kickers. Get the L7 or CVX models
Old 12-06-2007, 08:30 AM
havok209
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: venom3469

if I were you I would go with kicker they hit like he'll. Don't bottom out as much as others and a great quality sub. That's my opinion. In my old car I bought a few of them and nothing came close to my kickers. Get the L7 or CVX models
I can vouch for the CVXs. I have two... I repeat, two. 10" CVXs in my bagged single cab S10. I built a custom ported 3.5Cu Ft box and them ****s POUND. I cant emphasize enough how badass they sounded.. and especially in a regular cab. I live in a 3 floor building complex. I parked my truck and I left my windows half way down and my stereo on about 25 out of 60 with my sub channel on -12!! I had ppl from all the way up in the 3rd floor fromboth buildings on each side of the lot come outside and ask me to turn it down... they didnt apreciate the falling off their walls and counters and stuff. O and both buildings are at least 100yds or so long... Thats a lot of pissed off ppl... So I turned it down. In conclusion.. The Kicker CVXs will definately split some wigs.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:02 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I think this way most of the time, but sometimes I wonder how big of a pain in the *** it really would be to install the stereo I have laying around.

If I was going to the track it would take a whole 15 minutes to unplug the amp and pull out the box.

I am yet to street race, so it's not like it'll be making me any slower in comparison to other cars. And if the bass gets annoying, I can always just turn that down.

*shrugs*

It doens't matter though, I'm too lazy to do it anyways.......In reality, I ought to look into selling my stuff, I could probably get a couple hundred out of it.

Kenwood KAC929*i think* 1000 watt amp
3 10" MTX Thunder6000 500 watt subs in the tri-sub box.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:11 PM
SikSide00GT
1st Gear Member

ducky your kinda right about the 4 channel amp not adding too much weight like OxforGT said, however your starting to talk like a ricer. OxfordGT knows his **** and would most likely run laps around your auto. But who knows maybe im full of ****? maybe...... anyways i got a 600 watt 4 channel Performance Teknique amp hooked up and my mid's and highs are crystal clear so they sound beautiful with my subs.

Quick Reply: Audio guys help me out!!!