4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Eaton M90 Supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Eaton M90 Supercharger?

you wont make that power with a m90 anway...

The early saleen supercharged cars used this blower and its just hard to make good power with them..

If someone gave you a supercharger and all the piping you could easily spend $1500 more..

SCT Xcal 380

Dyno tune- 350 - 500+
Hauling your car to the dyno
Injectors
Mass Air meter
Fuel pump
bypass valve if centri unit
belt
all the stuff you think you don't need...

It adds up fast...

I bought every part I needed for 1200 except the fuel pump and i've spent closer to $3000
Thats not including the stuff i've broke on the car since it sbeen on...
Old 12-11-2007, 05:42 PM
JT76

The M90 is a piece of garbage, along with anything else made by eaton IMO (*puts on flame suit*) If you want SC go with KB or Procharger
Old 12-11-2007, 05:53 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Ha i beg to differ. Eaton rear ends are awesome.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
JT76

ORIGINAL: ben790450

Ha i beg to differ. Eaton rear ends are awesome.
i thought about that after i posted... DOH!... yes i was reffering to their superchargers (and Eaton made SC's like magnacharger and older than series IV Saleen sc's )
Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM
arcticman37
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shadowfoxx

ORIGINAL: zero2005

Sweet shibbyness, Thanx!!

whoah... slow down there dude... I wouldnt get too excited about that thread....Keep in mind that so called $1500 install does not include the head unit or supporting mods....As I am sure that any person who IS supercharged will tell you... The amount you think things cost and the amount they actually cost once it's being installed are two completly different things... It always costs more then you think when installing a supercharger... for example I don't see fuel injectors..fuel pump.. MAF... spark plugs...or install and tuning costs (if you are having a shop install it)on that list. and that is just from me glancing at it. You might save a little bit of money by piecing it together like that but 1) you need to know what you are doing to piece a kit together and 2) when all is said and done it's still going to cost you a lot more then 2k trust me.
Yes it does:

Total: $727 before tax/shipping

That is cost for EVERY single item you need to put a Vortech S, SQ, or T trim on your 2000-2004 Mustang GT. Only thing left to buy is the head unit.

with 727 dollars in the seup you can EASILY find a headunit for 800 bucks.

Old 12-11-2007, 11:26 PM
llamatymer
1st Gear Member

Go to summit racing's web site and search for your car. Ford Racing makes a roots style blower for I beleive just under $2,000 however there is no warranty etc. Also when I found it I saw it for my 96 GT, but i'm not sure about your year. If your willing to risk it than it's not that bad of a deal. If i'm not mistake it's about 7 or 8 PSI. You could also make your own turbo system from STS Turbo systems for about $1,500 at 7PSI. That would prob put you around the mid 350HP range. Hope this helps a little, and if you have any questions or have trouble finding the links please PM me.

Thanks,
Matt

P.S. Or you could fall for the old "ELECTRONIC TURBO" Set-up!!! Just Kidding...Dont even take that into consideration.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

This $1500 supercharger thing is a joke... Even considering buying a used head unit that is just pushing it...

People are not considering the money for all the supporting mods and the money it cost to tune a car..

Find me 3 guys who have spent less than 1500 on an entire supercharger setup and made more that 350rwhp and I'll never argue again
Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: arcticman37

whoah... slow down there dude... I wouldnt get too excited about that thread....Keep in mind that so called $1500 install does not include the head unit or supporting mods....As I am sure that any person who IS supercharged will tell you... The amount you think things cost and the amount they actually cost once it's being installed are two completly different things... It always costs more then you think when installing a supercharger... for example I don't see fuel injectors..fuel pump.. MAF... spark plugs...or install and tuning costs (if you are having a shop install it)on that list. and that is just from me glancing at it. You might save a little bit of money by piecing it together like that but 1) you need to know what you are doing to piece a kit together and 2) when all is said and done it's still going to cost you a lot more then 2k trust me.
Yes it does:

That is cost for EVERY single item you need to put a Vortech S, SQ, or T trim on your 2000-2004 Mustang GT. Only thing left to buy is the head unit.

That link has the costs for everything you need to put it on and have it hanging on the car.. and the car not running.

Now, add in the cost of a handheld tuner (or chip) of around 400 bucks, 42 lb/hrfuel injectors for around 400 bucks, a SVT focus pumpfor around 100, a 90 mm Lmaf for around 130. Then add in the small but additional cost of new plugs and a new fuel filter (say 30 bucks?) Being a 03 GT he is also going to need a new IAT sensor since his stocker is intigrated into the MAF, I have no idea what these cost.

Were currently at 1060 dollars extra on the "complete" kit listed above. The kit WILL NOT run without new injectors/tuner/pump, and it won't run correctly IMO without either the MAF or a BS "maf extender" which will cause a restriction (stock maf sucks) and be a dangerous way to tune.

So now were at 2500 bucks fora kit with a USED headunit. Now, why would someone sell a used unit? Sure, there are a few people taking the massive step up from say a SQ to a YSi or some crap, but 99.99 percent of people will just send in their stock SQ to upgrade to a T. Makes you wonder if the unit doesn't need a rebuild... etc etc. IMO buying a used headunit is a BAD idea.

Were not done yet though, after the cost of all this other stuff, it still needs a tune. Thats going to run you another 400-600 bucks for tune and dyno time on a FI car. So lets figure right in the middle.. your at THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS buying a kit with a USED supercharger that your hoping has everything you need as listed. As stated in the post, this does NOT include taxes or shipping...

The mongoose kit is only 3900 bucks folks, with every part brand new (including little stuff like plugs and filter, new IAT, etc etc)and a guarnetee that its both going to work and that its not going to blow up the car, plus you get a tune you KNOW is going to be dead on (and if it isn't the first time MPH will fix it). The only additional cost of the mongoose kit is shipping and tuning. I paid 3905 shipped to my door with everything included, and I overpaid 100 bucks for an hour of dyno time (I used 2 pulls and then screwed around and did a 1/4 mile run).

Like it or not, the "kit" guys arn't making THAT much, and they arn't screwing you over. It just costs that much to get everything together + cost of tune. You can try it the other way, but don't come crying on the forum when you buy a used headunit and it locks a bearing up the first week out, your local tuner blows the motor up, or god knows what else goes wrong.

Its just a fact of life.... going fast costs money. Now how fast do you want to spend?
Old 12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
shadowfoxx
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: arcticman37

Yes it does:

It's kind of irrelevant...You can pick apart every wordof my post if you want but the fact still remains...it's still going to cost way more then $1500 to get a supercharger installed and working in the car... the person who started this thread said he wants to supercharge his car for less then 2k.. and thefact still remains that he can't do it and it will cost him more then double that to get and install a supercharger successfully in his car.

Let's be realistic with this kid and not set him up for failure.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

2000gt is correct, theres easily another thousand dollars in supporting mods required. then ontop of that your car still isnt tuned. and if i ever bought a used head unit it would be sent off to whoever made it to get rebuilt for ~350$ which you can tack on to that price tag.

there are those people who put a blower on their car and it was wrecked not too far down the road but i wouldnt put money in buying a used head unit and not having to have it rebuilt.

Quick Reply: Eaton M90 Supercharger?