4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Supercharger Whistle/Whine

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 01:07 PM
mills281e
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Whistle/Whine

Saleen Series V (Whipple) 2.3L supercharger. Can't hear anything different at idle or under light acceleration. Right around 3/4 throttle and on, whines like a bastard .
Old 12-15-2007, 01:20 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

Mine is the most noticable at idle... at say 2000rpms you really can't hear it... at 5-6000rpms it sounds similar to a turbo spooling, not quite as loud though..
Old 12-15-2007, 02:21 PM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: Quicktime_GT

Don't expect this much power:

2002 silver GT.... a few bolt-ons..and..
Kenne Bell 10psi i/c
470rwhp-480rwtq @10psi on dynojet
stock shortblock.....
What else is done to that car.. heads, cams?
Wow, no joke. Absolutly ZERO chance your making that with boltons and a stock shortblock. Stock shortblock is going to go boom on 470 WHP, and even with heads/cams 10 PSI isn't going to make 470 WHP on the stock shortblocks RPM potential.

SOMEBODY needs to either get their dynojet tuned or their bull**** meter checked....

BTW, the OPs main concern is the sound the blower is going to make????
well i got it dynoed at JPC(justins performance center)racing in glen burnie MD. I think there dyno would be pretty accurate because i guarentee in prob one of every 2 or 3 MM&FF mags his shop will be mentioned for doing something... Unless the previous owner put in a forged shortblock then to my knowledge its stock with 75k on it. the bolt ons i have are full exhaust, TB and the "big tube kit" from KB. it was also done on a dyno jet so some people say that its more like 430rwhp but everyone has their own opinion of the diff of numbers so i just put down what it made on what dyno and its running lean (lean is mean) so there ya go and i will look for the dyno sheet now and try to get it up here somehow
Old 12-15-2007, 06:27 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture088.flv.

here's a clip of my vortech s/c.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:34 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

ORIGINAL: scubasteve22

Kenne Bell 10psi i/c
stock shortblock.....
Wow, no joke. Absolutly ZERO chance your making that with boltons and a stock shortblock. Stock shortblock is going to go boom on 470 WHP, and even with heads/cams 10 PSI isn't going to make 470 WHP on the stock shortblocks RPM potential.

SOMEBODY needs to either get their dynojet tuned or their bull**** meter checked....

well i got it dynoed at JPC(justins performance center)racing in glen burnie MD. I think there dyno would be pretty accurate because i guarentee in prob one of every 2 or 3 MM&FF mags his shop will be mentioned for doing something... Unless the previous owner put in a forged shortblock then to my knowledge its stock with 75k on it. the bolt ons i have are full exhaust, TB and the "big tube kit" from KB. it was also done on a dyno jet so some people say that its more like 430rwhp but everyone has their own opinion of the diff of numbers so i just put down what it made on what dyno and its running lean (lean is mean) so there ya go and i will look for the dyno sheet now and try to get it up here somehow
I happen to know Justin and he'd never tune something that high on a stock block! Hmmm, sounds like a phone call!
Old 12-15-2007, 06:35 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Anyway, I have an SQ that whistles but not as loud as a plain S version
Old 12-15-2007, 07:11 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gears94gt

http://s148.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture088.flv.

here's a clip of my vortech s/c.
Geez-us, thats LOUD. Nice BTW...tan interior w/ that blue, and the red calipers slver exhaust tips compliment the rest of it. Are those Cobra R rims and hood?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM
scubasteve22
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lizzyfan

ORIGINAL: scubasteve22

Kenne Bell 10psi i/c
stock shortblock.....

I happen to know Justin and he'd never tune something that high on a stock block! Hmmm, sounds like a phone call!
Justin didnt tune it he just dynoed it...he said it was a little too lean for his liking and alot of power for the shortblock and wouldent tune a car and send it out of his shop with the numbers like mine but right now i dont have 5 or 600 to get it retuned so it will stay like that for a little....hopefully lol
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
GT Mustang FTW

lol, I totally agree with the youtube quality sound.. can't reproduce it unless it's in person. Thats why I'm trying to get opinions of people with different superchargers. I've been considering the Procharger because of the benefits of self-containment, pretty good power, and medium install difficulty. Glad to hear that it has a great whistle at idle, i love that! cuz you definitely know that it's s/c'd. Seems like you like the procharger a lot, thanks for the input.

ORIGINAL: iraziel

ORIGINAL: Shawn02GT

there are alot of videos on youtube, just search over there
MMMMMM love that crap quality sound that goes along with those vids. Especially when im lookin for sound on exhaust. [/sarcasim] [8D]

The only way to get the full flavor of sound from either of the two is having it right there in front of you.

I personally love the sound of the procharger vice the screaming that roots make.
For me:
Whistle - sounds good; i like it especially at a light when people who know what it is, the looks i get, i cant help but smile
Normal drive - some say its loud, but good (i have side exhaust so i cant hear it)
WOT - LOVE the shift 3rd to 4th, sound of the BOV mmmmmmm
OH and shutter sounds sweet too when downshifting
Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

18x10.5 rear cobra rims and a 2" cowl hood.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Whistle/Whine