MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   I think i fuked up my car (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/385085-i-think-i-fuked-up-my-car.html)

R3aP3R 12-22-2007 08:10 PM

I think i fuked up my car

After having my 97 parked for over a few months i decided to change the oil this morning and take it for a run or two. Long story short after a few runs the car was dieing down when i was not reving it. So i opened hood and there was fluid everywhere.. Fluid look a little watery.. yet somewhat resembled oil. I dont know what it was. It was down my street so i was able to drive it back home. So i get back home and get a light so i can see where leak was coming from.. i dont know too much about engines, but i saw a crack on a part that my neighbor referred to as the "spider" its like this big black bracket that mounts onto the block . Its underneath TB and all that stuff but thats where i have a crack, and when i rev my engine fluid starts to come out of the crack. I feel like **** cause i love my car, but i just hope that its fixable. I dont mind spending some money to fix it, but do u guys think my engines totally fuked ?

POISND U 12-22-2007 08:22 PM

RE: I think i fuked up my car

You'refuct. Post some pix.

R3aP3R 12-22-2007 08:24 PM

fuked why? car still turns on... i hope its not over for my 97 ill post some pics tomm since its dark atm

oxfordgt 12-22-2007 08:33 PM

LOL the spider. I havent heard that in years. You coolant crossove cracked on your intake aka "spider". $200 on ebay will get you a new intake with an aluminum crossover. Its common for them to crack

POISND U 12-22-2007 08:37 PM

I was messing with you. ;)

When you say "engine fluid", what are we talking about? Oil? Coolant? Blinker fluid?

Someone clue me in as to what a "spider" is please....

Actually, I just put 2 and 2 together. Your intake is cracked.

POISND U 12-22-2007 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

LOL the spider. I havent heard that in years. You coolant crossove cracked on your intake aka "spider". $200 on ebay will get you a new intake with an aluminum crossover. Its common for them to crack
LMAO!!!!!

You posted while I was typing...:D

That's how I figured it out! Spider, 8 legs. Intake, 8 runners. [sm=headbang.gif]

We need a smiley with a light bulb going off....[>:]

scfd524 12-22-2007 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: POISND U

I was messing with you. ;)

When you say "engine fluid", what are we talking about? Oil? Coolant? Blinker fluid?

Someone clue me in as to what a "spider" is please....

Actually, I just put 2 and 2 together. Your intake is cracked.
Ha blinker fluid, I haven't heard that in a while.

R3aP3R 12-22-2007 08:49 PM

so i get a new intake manifold and im back in business ? Whats the theory behind why the car turns off idle when the intake is cracked? sorry im pretty green to motors... let me google it ..lol

lewistk 12-22-2007 08:50 PM

common problem on our cars with those coolant crossovers. get an aluminum replacement

R3aP3R 12-22-2007 08:55 PM

i was worried cause my neighbor saw it and he started to say that the oil and water mixed and my motor might be fuked.. is there a case where if a intake cracks and somehow it messed up the motor ? might be a dumb question but i just wanna make sure