4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

esclispe turbo in a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:24 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

Default RE: esclispe turbo in a mustang?

ORIGINAL: dsm king

Well plus i dont see how you could put one turbo on a v8, he would have to get another like snail and then go from there. But like said before the 2g eclipse turbos are so small the power gains would not be worth it because youd have to have custom exhaust manifolds made, boost controller, fuel controller, upgrading the entire fuel system, custom oil/coolant delivery/return lines and much more. All this = much much $$$$$$$
i think your pretty much right on, but you can run a single turbo. but being so small, this turbo might be completely useless. you could probably hook up a tube to your intake and wire it into your car, and blow it in at high rpm's and make more power. a T-60 or 67 is as small as you'd want go with a single setup. but i disagree with the fuel thing. i don't think that turbo could make enough power to even max out the stock injectors.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:07 PM
dsm king
1st Gear Member

well neither did I if hes gunna run just the one turbo. But if he does get two of 'em and he wants to crank the boost up...... cause you can get about 16 pounds of boost out each of those turbos. So lets say 32 pounds of boost on a stock fuel system????
Old 03-17-2005, 09:14 PM
idriveamustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Cbra

Just take that turbo from her, then sell it on ebay or somthing, then take that money and put it twards Juicing your car .

[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 03-18-2005, 02:13 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

well neither did I if hes gunna run just the one turbo. But if he does get two of 'em and he wants to crank the boost up...... cause you can get about 16 pounds of boost out each of those turbos. So lets say 32 pounds of boost on a stock fuel system????
You cannot simply add the boost like that. The turbos are only going to suck so much air. Putting them inline does not just double the boost. You might as well think of them as each one running a bank of 4 cyl.

The turbos are too small, useless in this application. Not to mention would would need custom exaust mainfolds etc etc. If your gonna go turbo, just buy a kit.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:33 AM

ORIGINAL: BCisme

it's a TD04 turbo. one of the smallest on the market. i guess you could make it work, but you wouldn't really get much of anything out of it. i don't even they can make 300 whp on an eclipse.
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw this thread, the turbo is gonna be pretty small since it came on a 2.0 I4.

but I didn't know the name of the turbo. [8D]

Old 03-18-2005, 02:35 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

You cannot simply add the boost like that. The turbos are only going to suck so much air. Putting them inline does not just double the boost. You might as well think of them as each one running a bank of 4 cyl.

The turbos are too small, useless in this application. Not to mention would would need custom exaust mainfolds etc etc. If your gonna go turbo, just buy a kit.
he's right. they can't flow enough air to spool up a 4.6 engine. it'd prob cost you more to piece this together than just buy a kit and be done. less headache.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:14 AM
dsm king
1st Gear Member

he's right. they can't flow enough air to spool up a 4.6 engine. it'd prob cost you more to piece this together than just buy a kit and be done. less headache.

True dat!
Old 03-20-2005, 04:40 PM
dsmlinc

if the turbo is off a 1g its is a 14b or a 13b, if its off of a 95 and newer then its a tiny garret t25... practicly useless from the factory, the 14b would make enough boost if all you were goin to run was 5 or 6 psi. but to get real power out of your mustang from a turbo you would need a turbo that could move a much higher volume of air, like a t4 garret.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:24 AM
98FOUR.SIX
1st Gear Member

I think i would just buy a kit.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 AM
650ChargedSTang
1st Gear Member

if you got the money and time...almost anything is possible.

Quick Reply: esclispe turbo in a mustang?