4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Finally serious about supercharger questions!!!

Old 12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
99shadowGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally serious about supercharger questions!!!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!!! Well, after my birthday and christmas savings and tax return coming soon, I think I'm finally going to be able to get serious about a supercharger kit. I'll start by stating I'm going to be looking for a "like new" setup, probably on corral.net. I'm pretty much stock except for a K&N drop in filter,bbk o/r x, magnapacks and 4.30's.Ireplaced my clutch withthe KingCobralast winter so it's still pretty fresh.My first question is will I need a bigger tb/plenum, and if someones selling their old setup will they usually include that with the sale? My second question is are my 4.30's going to need to be replaced with 3.73's or 4.10's? I know people who run 4.10s on their GT's with a procharger but never really seen4.30's. My last question is about headers...will I still produce decent numbers with the stock headers or should I plan on doing LT's? My only concern with LT's is I'm a vert and PRETTY low. I usually don't bottom out unless there's someone else in the car, and then its still only on extreme speed bumps. I know it's alot of questions, but I'm hopefully going to start seriously browsing in a few weeks...any other info from experienced blown 2v guys with typical numbers or problems would be great. Thanks, Chris
Old 12-25-2007, 07:09 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Finally serious about supercharger questions!!!

it all depends on what kinda kit you get... if you get a non intercooled look at around 340rwhp on a near stock setup. if its intercooled look for around 375-400hp. if you get full bolt ons then you can get over 400rwhp with a intercooled setup.

you will need a new fuel pump and injectors... i know you can get it all done for cheap... i got my blower, boost and fuel pressure gauge, aftercooler, maf, chip, fuel injectors. all for 3000 used. but it worked perfect. then i got a fuel pump for a good deal and a tune... i was out the door after doing the install myself for about 3300 which isnt bad for a 10lb intercooled car.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:22 PM
99shadowGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally serious about supercharger questions!!!

ya i've been keeping my eye on the kits for a while and know they come with injectors, maf, and usually all the necessary tubing. i've seen some that come with focus pumps or watever the previous person was using...i'm going to be doing the instal with some club members and getting tuned by John Lund. all my cobra club guys use him so i'll probably follow their lead. for now the car is my DD so i'm not looking to push more than 400...i usualy don't go to the track so i just want to have a badass street car that will own mostly anything on the street. i still need to know about my gear and headers...thanks, chris