4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Getting a short throw shifter

Old 03-20-2005, 05:57 PM
orang04gt
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Getting a short throw shifter

make sure you get the extreme handle upgrade, its free. the handle adjusts up,down, and aliitle bit left or right to make it position the way you like it.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:00 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

i dunno...MGW boasts the best shifter on the market
Old 03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
orang04gt
2nd Gear Member

i looked at them, looks like it wont work good. the thing i didnt like was the collar that holds the handle, with a of gear jamming looks like it might get loose. i dont know just my opinion.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:00 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

does anyone actually have the shifter?
Old 03-20-2005, 08:09 PM
Silver4.6
3rd Gear Member

listen to me, I have felt most shifters but the mgw. I've got a pro50, and I have not felt a single shifter tighter and better feeling than it is. I promise you if you get a pro50 you will be very very happy. btw I'm pretty sure all short throw shifters are "springloaded" or the same idea atleast, I know its pretty much impossible to miss 3rd in mine. PRO50
Old 03-20-2005, 08:17 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silver4.6

listen to me, I have felt most shifters but the mgw. I've got a pro50, and I have not felt a single shifter tighter and better feeling than it is. I promise you if you get a pro50 you will be very very happy. btw I'm pretty sure all short throw shifters are "springloaded" or the same idea atleast, I know its pretty much impossible to miss 3rd in mine. PRO50
i had looked at the pro 5.0 also..but i have heard that MGW is even better, i just want to make sure that i can get the best shifter i can get..but the pro 5.0 will be taken into consideration. Ill look more into Pro 5.0 now.
Old 03-20-2005, 08:19 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

Pro 5.0 is also more expensive...[&:]
Old 03-20-2005, 09:59 PM
whitehorsegt
1st Gear Member

i still love my steeda tri-ax.....$160 shipped
Old 03-20-2005, 10:10 PM
gill7784
2nd Gear Member

I started with a Steeda Tri-Axe. Naturally, I was instantly in love with the shorter, more precise shifts. Soon, however, I came to despise the gear chatter that the Tri-Axe made at freeway speeds.
Having heard about the MGW shifter, and knowing first hand about the quality of their products (I have a complete MGW billet interior), I ordered one up. A couple days later, it was installed and ready to go. Let me tell you; the MGW is light years ahead of the Tri-Axe. The throws are so much shorter, the shifts more precise and not a hint of gear chatter. The MGW is a superior product, in my opinion.
Of coarse, this is just my opinion and everyone has a tendency to favor what they own.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
Old 03-20-2005, 10:32 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gill7784

I started with a Steeda Tri-Axe. Naturally, I was instantly in love with the shorter, more precise shifts. Soon, however, I came to despise the gear chatter that the Tri-Axe made at freeway speeds.
Having heard about the MGW shifter, and knowing first hand about the quality of their products (I have a complete MGW billet interior), I ordered one up. A couple days later, it was installed and ready to go. Let me tell you; the MGW is light years ahead of the Tri-Axe. The throws are so much shorter, the shifts more precise and not a hint of gear chatter. The MGW is a superior product, in my opinion.
Of coarse, this is just my opinion and everyone has a tendency to favor what they own.

[sm=americanasmiley.gif]
hmm..

looks like ill be going with the MGW

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting a short throw shifter