4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Trouble codes , wiring short and electrical problem,HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

Default Trouble codes , wiring short and electrical problem,HELP!

i have these codes shown in my predator after getting wire short!

P0602
P0605
PP1211
P1690

can anybody tell me what are these codes means?
Old 01-08-2008, 11:32 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Trouble codes from the predator

bump!
Old 01-08-2008, 11:55 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

P0602 & P0605- these both indicate the PCM programming is corrupt.[/align][/align]Don't know what P1211 and P1690 are, they are not listed in the shop manual...[/align]
Old 01-09-2008, 12:10 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cliffyk

P0602 & P0605- these both indicate the PCM programming is corrupt.[/align][/align]Don't know what P1211 and P1690 are, they are not listed in the shop manual...[/align]
i cant clear them

how can i solve it?
Old 01-09-2008, 02:51 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

You're most likely not going to be able to clear them, as it soundsthat the PCM firmware (the "tune") was not properly loaded or corrupt when loaded. You need to contact Diablo and see what they can do for you...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Jono 02 stang

If you read the programer before it shows the code errors it saids it is normal errors with programer. I don't know if it is true but my programer said the same thing.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:57 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

will i had an electricity problem, all the lights on my car (brake light , signal, interior) was shut off all of suden and the car was shaking whle driving!, after thati take itto the electric guys andthey found burning wires, although they fix it (after spending 300$ and checking all the car wires)

after i get home i thought about checking if there is another codes, and here they are

po753
p1000
p1760
p0121
p1001

i try to clear them but no use, i try to reset the tune and it give a headech because it refuse to restor the back up tune and many faluire reading!

after trying i finally but the diablo tune again and the codes above had gone, but now im very worry i think i had a major problem but dont know about it

i also today change the fuel pump and the tuner give me a code, but i cleared it

please any help could be useful!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: MaKaVeLi

will i had an electricity problem, all the lights on my car (brake light , signal, interior) was shut off all of suden and the car was shaking whle driving, after thati take itto thee electric guys andthey found burning wires, although they fix it (after spending 300$ and checking all the car wires)

after i get home i thought off checking if there is another codes, and here they are

po753
p1000
p1760
p0121
p1001

i try to clear them but no use, i try to reset the tune and it give a headech because it refuse to restor the back up tune and many faluire reading!

after trying i finally but the diablo tune again and the codes above had gone, but now im very worry i think i had a major problem but dont know about it

i also today change the fuel pump and the tuner give me a code, but i cleared it

Did the electrical problem happen AFTER the diablo tune was put in?

What wires were replaced when the electrical work was done?

It sounds like the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) which is the brains for the ignition and fuel system has been damaged by the electrical problems. If that is the case, you will need a new PCM.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM
MaKaVeLi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

will i had an electricity problem, all the lights on my car (brake light , signal, interior) was shut off all of suden and the car was shaking whle driving, after thati take itto thee electric guys andthey found burning wires, although they fix it (after spending 300$ and checking all the car wires)

after i get home i thought off checking if there is another codes, and here they are

po753
p1000
p1760
p0121
p1001

It sounds like the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) which is the brains for the ignition and fuel system has been damaged by the electrical problems. If that is the case, you will need a new PCM.
it happend after i had an accedent, the diablo tune was put in since 3 months ago and no problems

i dont know what they replace, although the car run fine now but these codes are making me crazy
some of what i remmeber is shift solenold...., obd system read not complete, pressure control, throttle/pedal... and KOER not able to....
Old 01-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Derf00

po753
p1000
p1760
p0121
p1001

it happend after i had an accedent, the diablo tune was put in since 3 months ago and no problems

i dont know what they replace, although the car run fine now but these codes are making me crazy
some of what i remmeber is shift solenold...., obd system read not complete, pressure control, throttle/pedal... and KOER not able to....
Okay so the tune itself is not the problem.

DId the electrical problems start right after your accident or after you got your car back from being repaired?

Quick Reply: Trouble codes , wiring short and electrical problem,HELP!