4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Convince Me........

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 12:20 AM
JamesSocal
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Convince Me........

You don't need 300rwhp to beat an LS1, you just need the right combo.
Heres a good read for you.
http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...&threadid=1877
Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 AM
BlackyStang

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

As for how much money. How about 4700 for a 1.7L Kenne bell. That will put you at 430 RWHP with 9 PSI. Is that fast enough for you?

what else needs to be done to the 4.6 to be able to sustain that much power? Meaning... is that 4700+ another 4000 in mods to support it?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:22 AM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackyStang

I mentioned something on the lines of non biased right? lol....

Realisticly.. How much money needs to be dropped into a 4.6 to make 300rwhp? Im a power hungry testosterone driven idiot, and need my HP. I agree that the mustang is more visually appealing. And I also agree that it sounds better... I want the stang, but i know the first time i get smoked by a ls1, im going to be kicking myself in the ***...
noted, i'm not so biased, i've been around. get the ls1 "god" motor, you sound like it'll fit your needs. a 600+cc bike is faster. whats the point? point is there's something faster, always.

300rwhp is a blower away. cheapest way to it i think. $3500 if you trust yourself with installing it, and it's not that hard.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:26 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

As for how much money. How about 4700 for a 1.7L Kenne bell. That will put you at 430 RWHP with 9 PSI. Is that fast enough for you?

what else needs to be done to the 4.6 to be able to sustain that much power? Meaning... is that 4700+ another 4000 in mods to support it?
No! The engine can hold 450 HP stock. You will need a tune however, And you need to check with someone else on the tranny. Thats not my field at all.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:27 AM
BlackyStang

ORIGINAL: Monch

I mentioned something on the lines of non biased right? lol....

Realisticly.. How much money needs to be dropped into a 4.6 to make 300rwhp? Im a power hungry testosterone driven idiot, and need my HP. I agree that the mustang is more visually appealing. And I also agree that it sounds better... I want the stang, but i know the first time i get smoked by a ls1, im going to be kicking myself in the ***...
. a 600+cc bike is faster. whats the point? point is there's something faster, always.

Thats why i got an R1
Old 03-23-2005, 12:32 AM
98UAGT
2nd Gear Member

WOW, where to begin:
1) the camaros are ugly, as stated many times before
2) they handle like crap, and drive uncomfortably
3) any camaro you find has had the crap beaten out of it; when I was looking for cars and was looking at camaros, all I could find was camaros with T-handle shifters and a power-shifted tranny that don't shift into 2nd and 3rd. I noticed this after about 10 camaros, and the first three stangs I looked at were all stock cars, and cheaper too!
4) GM has very unreliable cars
5) going with #4's unreliability is the fact that they are a pain in the you know what to work on, GM shoe-horned the LS1 into those cars. You practically have to put the car on a lift to do ANY repair to it. They are a pain to fix ANYTHING on, and EVERYTHING will break

Mustang-
1) Gorgeous cars
2) booming aftermarket to do mods
3) face it, chicks dig Stangs
4) drop that sucker down a few inches and it will handle like a race machine
5) Ford knew what their buyers were going to be doing with the cars, AKA racing & dragging, and they built the cars with that in mind: they are fast AND reliable
Old 03-23-2005, 12:41 AM
JamesSocal
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 98UAGT

WOW, where to begin:
1) the camaros are ugly, as stated many times before
2) they handle like crap, and drive uncomfortably
3) any camaro you find has had the crap beaten out of it; when I was looking for cars and was looking at camaros, all I could find was camaros with T-handle shifters and a power-shifted tranny that don't shift into 2nd and 3rd. I noticed this after about 10 camaros, and the first three stangs I looked at were all stock cars, and cheaper too!
4) GM has very unreliable cars
5) going with #4's unreliability is the fact that they are a pain in the you know what to work on, GM shoe-horned the LS1 into those cars. You practically have to put the car on a lift to do ANY repair to it. They are a pain to fix ANYTHING on, and EVERYTHING will break

Mustang-
1) Gorgeous cars
2) booming aftermarket to do mods
3) face it, chicks dig Stangs
4) drop that sucker down a few inches and it will handle like a race machine
5) Ford knew what their buyers were going to be doing with the cars, AKA racing & dragging, and they built the cars with that in mind: they are fast AND reliable
Well I'm going to disagree with some of those statements.
First they don't handle like crap, my old Z28 handled much better than my GT does.
My Camaro wasn't beat to hell when I got it, just have to look.
GM isn't any less reliable than Ford. For every person that tells you GM quality suck, you can find someone to say the same about Ford. They are about eqaul in my opinion
Its not hard AT ALL to work on a LS1. Sure it is tucked in there, but I had very little problems working on mine. I was able to install headers on it without removing anything really. Its not as bad as it looks.

I agree with you on the Stang though
Old 03-23-2005, 12:54 AM
Monch
3rd Gear Member

i agree about GM overall. but GM neglected the manufacturing process for f bodies once they decided to kill em off. and gm decided to kill them off because mustangs just flat outsold them. better cars sell more. in the pony car arena ford won.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:56 AM
Ohoneandahalf
1st Gear Member

300 HP isn't too hard to accomplish. Throw on a full exhaust, TB, plenum, chip, pulleys, MAF, and injectors. Maybe some cams. Or if you are crazy, try the N2O route.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Jiggy_One
3rd Gear Member

Quick Reply: Convince Me........