4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

373s AND Diablo Installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:36 PM
JonBeast

Default RE: 373s AND Diablo Installed!!!!

ORIGINAL: RJM02GTDrag

Ran at Beaver Springs last Saturday, couldnt hook 1st or 2nd the BFgs are new and the line locks not in yet, ran 12.2 @ 120 should be 11's soon I hope. Yeah Landisville is close by where is Cecil?
Im not sure, my friend goes up there to run his 00 gt. Its about an hour away i think. Awesome times for spinning 1st and 2nd.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:55 PM
clutchsix
1st Gear Member

nice job on getting them installed. you gotta show me the programmer sometime.

[sm=hia.gif]
Old 03-23-2005, 08:16 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LIVIN_LEGEND

_Story_ i just got my car back today from CJPonyParts!!!
yesterday morning i gave her an syn oil change, filled up with 94 octane (Sunoco) im from maryland spent night in hotel in PA+Beer, wasted, took car across the steet to CJPonyParts at 9 am hung over, 2pm car is pulled out $400 dollars later, 210pm I did the Diabo Tune (perchanced last week)..... 220pm drove back to MD with a real car!
i just got my car back today from CJPonyParts!!!

NEW:
3:73 Gears
8.8" Ring & Pinion Mount
Diff Clutch Pack
Right Axle Seal
DiabloSport Predator

SHE FEELS LIKE A MONSTER!! This is how Mustangs should come stock!!! Anyway i feel aot better about my car, i felt the gear and tune feeling at for the first time and i did them at the same time. JUST DO IT
I'm getting ready to buy gears and wanna know what's with all that other stuff? I thought all we needed was just a simple set of gears?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:23 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: drillsergeantjra

yesterday morning i gave her an syn oil change, filled up with 94 octane (Sunoco) im from maryland spent night in hotel in PA+Beer, wasted, took car across the steet to CJPonyParts at 9 am hung over, 2pm car is pulled out $400 dollars later, 210pm I did the Diabo Tune (perchanced last week)..... 220pm drove back to MD with a real car!

NEW:
8.8" Ring & Pinion Mount
Diff Clutch Pack
Right Axle Seal
DiabloSport Predator

SHE FEELS LIKE A MONSTER!! This is how Mustangs should come stock!!! Anyway i feel aot better about my car, i felt the gear and tune feeling at for the first time and i did them at the same time. JUST DO IT
I'm getting ready to buy gears and wanna know what's with all that other stuff? I thought all we needed was just a simple set of gears?
Depending on how many miles you have on your car, you may want to replace your whole rear end, not just the gears. But you dont have to. I have 3.73s in my room right now, and i ordered a rear end rebuild kit from mustangtuning.com because i have 100+K on my car. So just for security, im replacing bearings, gaskets, and what not.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:25 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: RJM02GTDrag

Ran at Beaver Springs last Saturday, couldnt hook 1st or 2nd the BFgs are new and the line locks not in yet, ran 12.2 @ 120 should be 11's soon I hope. Yeah Landisville is close by where is Cecil?
I talked to my friend about it, Cecil is a track in Maryland, less than an hour from where I am in Landisville. Thats the closest track to us I think, thats where im running my car this summer.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:34 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

Depending on how many miles you have on your car, you may want to replace your whole rear end, not just the gears. But you dont have to. I have 3.73s in my room right now, and i ordered a rear end rebuild kit from mustangtuning.com because i have 100+K on my car. So just for security, im replacing bearings, gaskets, and what not.

Understood. I only have 29K on my car so I should be all set????
Old 03-23-2005, 08:37 PM
JonBeast

[/quote]
Yea you should be fine as long as you take it easy on them for a while, you know, break them in. They have to mesh with their surroundings. If you take it easy for a few hundred miles you should be fine. What gears are you going to get? 3.73s? 4.10s?
Old 03-23-2005, 08:52 PM
drillsergeantjra
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast

Yea you should be fine as long as you take it easy on them for a while, you know, break them in. They have to mesh with their surroundings. If you take it easy for a few hundred miles you should be fine. What gears are you going to get? 3.73s? 4.10s?
[/quote]

I'm leaning towards 3.73s. My driving is a mixture of highway and secondary roads and I think my rpms with the 4.10s will be a little higher than I'm comfortable with.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:53 PM
JonBeast

Yea, 3.73s are a good way to go. Mine are going in very soon, I can't wait. I'll let you know how I like them when I get them in.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:11 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

NEW:
8.8" Ring & Pinion Mount
Diff Clutch Pack
Right Axle Seal
DiabloSport Predator

Congrats on the new mods buddy! Gears are definately the shiznit[8D]

Quick Reply: 373s AND Diablo Installed!!!!