MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   O/R Prochamber...how bad is the smell? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/394730-o-r-prochamber-how-bad-is-the-smell.html)

MJH78 01-16-2008 05:06 PM

O/R Prochamber...how bad is the smell?

considering an O/R prochamber as I think removing the cats will help free up some decent HP and make the car sound pretty mean. How bad is the smell? i've read a couple of people complain about it. Do you notice it all the time or just if you are sitting still in traffic? If you drive down the street and your neighbors are in their yard, will they smell it?

02 Ninja 01-16-2008 06:48 PM

RE: O/R Prochamber...how bad is the smell?

The smells not that bad. I personally think that the o/r H will sound better with set of 2 chambered mufflers, but that's just my $0.02

m260gt 01-16-2008 07:04 PM

the smell isnt bad when your driving down the street. i have my cats cut out of the stock h pipe. it only really smells when i start it up and sit idling in traffic. but well worth what it gives. makes it sound mean!

Xemeth 01-16-2008 07:05 PM

I love the smell, honestly. I'd sit behind my tail pipes and breath it in all day if it wouldn't kill me.

bluepony4.6 01-16-2008 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: MJH78

considering an O/R prochamber as I think removing the cats will help free up some decent HP and make the car sound pretty mean. How bad is the smell? i've read a couple of people complain about it. Do you notice it all the time or just if you are sitting still in traffic? If you drive down the street and your neighbors are in their yard, will they smell it?
I think my exhaust stinks bigtime without cats. If you try to get something out of your trunk while the car is idling, your clothes will smell awful until you wash them. It is definitely noticeable especially at drive thrus (Mickey D's hates me) and while sitting at stop lights. I'd stick with cats. The hp difference is so small it's not worth it.

scubasteve22 01-16-2008 07:31 PM

def go Off Road!!!! the only time that i have ever been bothered by the smell is the next morning after a long night of drinking and i am tired and hungover and sitting at a light and smell the fumes lol... the HP gains yes are very small but the sound itself is def worth getting it.so %99 the smell doesnt bother me at all and is def worth it but keep ur stock one for emission times just in case

mvr 01-16-2008 07:37 PM

i have a o/r x and dont smell it while driving and when the car is just idleing most of the time unless currents are blowing it tward the window. for me i basically have to walk behind the car to smell exhaust fumes.

but theres nothin like the sweet smell of 93 octane in the mornin, wakes you right up :D

Injected97GT 01-16-2008 07:50 PM

I have an o/r H pipe and flowmaster 40s then dumps... im sure the smell is worse with dumps than with full tail pipes, but i realy dont mind it too much. had a passenger complain once. told him to drive his own damn car then lol.

Quicktime_GT 01-16-2008 11:31 PM

mine doesn't smell at all now that I got all the leaks fixed!

Heres my o/r prochamber with magnapacks

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jt6ak83KI_o

darcnytemare 01-16-2008 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

I love the smell, honestly. I'd sit behind my tail pipes and breath it in all day if it wouldn't kill me.
HAHAHAHA I def. agree with you.

I would go with the O/R prochamber. I have an O/R X wit SLP's and I dont smell a damn thing. I had my boy driving behind me one day when we goin to a car show and when we stopped he said..."WtF...i gotta start wearing a gas mask when im behind u".....hahahah so thats answers your question that everyone behind u can smell it.