4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:18 PM
1997Stang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Seats?

Well im going to have around 550hp so yes they are kind of needed. And this is a daily driver so i want back seats.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: 1997Stang

Well im going to have around 550hp so yes they are kind of needed. And this is a daily driver so i want back seats.
You don't need seats based on power. Racing seats are designed to hold you in place better while cornering. They are also lighter. I don't think I would want to drive around with harnesses on the street though.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM
1997Stang
2nd Gear Member

O i know, i'm going to be doing a bit of racing with this car too. I don't want to get one of those 5 point racing ones or nothing, just maybe a three point. I love the way those look.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Well if you plan on racing and having 550 hp, you're probably going to need more than a 3 point harness.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:17 PM
1997Stang
2nd Gear Member

Its not going to be like hardcore racing, just a little here and there.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:19 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Do you mean racing at the track or street racing. Cause if you race at any decent track they will require certain safety features depending on how fast you go. With 550 hp you'll probably need more than a 3 point harness, unless you REALLY suck at driving.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
1997Stang
2nd Gear Member

Lol no, street racing. I don't have a track around here unfortunatly. Do you know anything about where the bolts mount on these harnesses?
Old 01-21-2008, 06:09 PM
Injected97GT
3rd Gear Member

The best thing for you to do to acheive what you are looking for is like this:

1. Make sure your factory seatbelts work.
2. Cover your car in gasoline.
3. Strap on that seat belt.
4. Light match.
5. Don't move.

Seriously, you want to mount seats and harnesses for looks, not safety. Don't bullshlt us and say otherwise.
Harnesses on the street would be WAY awkward and hard and a pain in the ***. Ever sat in a car that had a harness? (im sure since you street race, you know plenty of guys with honda's and neon's that have done it on their uber sweet 17 second street racing machines.).
You street race, so all respect for you is tossed out the window. Kinda how you tossed consideration, safety, maturity, and respect for others out the window when you decided being an immature street racing *** was cool.
IF you must be a super cool street racer, then get your seats and call it a day. You do NOT want to daily drive with a harness on.

ALSO. For a little insight on the harness mounting... YOU WANT IT MOUNTED AS PARALELLE TO THE FLOOR AS POSSIBLE. Meaning, if you have a roll bar, roll cage, or Harness Bar(see how the name of that one works?), you have the harness wrap around, or mount TO that... so that when it comes out of the seat, and goes back, its somewhat paralelle instead of jetting straight down and back, which is unsafe as all hell.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:19 PM
LynnBob Mustang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1997Stang

I can understand wanting back seats, but what in hell does have having 550HP have to do with it????

That makes absolutly NO sence....

Lynn

Old 01-21-2008, 06:53 PM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: Injected97GT

The best thing for you to do to acheive what you are looking for is like this:

1. Make sure your factory seatbelts work.
2. Cover your car in gasoline.
3. Strap on that seat belt.
4. Light match.
5. Don't move.

Seriously, you want to mount seats and harnesses for looks, not safety. Don't bullshlt us and say otherwise.
Harnesses on the street would be WAY awkward and hard and a pain in the ***. Ever sat in a car that had a harness? (im sure since you street race, you know plenty of guys with honda's and neon's that have done it on their uber sweet 17 second street racing machines.).
You street race, so all respect for you is tossed out the window. Kinda how you tossed consideration, safety, maturity, and respect for others out the window when you decided being an immature street racing *** was cool.
IF you must be a super cool street racer, then get your seats and call it a day. You do NOT want to daily drive with a harness on.

ALSO. For a little insight on the harness mounting... YOU WANT IT MOUNTED AS PARALELLE TO THE FLOOR AS POSSIBLE. Meaning, if you have a roll bar, roll cage, or Harness Bar(see how the name of that one works?), you have the harness wrap around, or mount TO that... so that when it comes out of the seat, and goes back, its somewhat paralelle instead of jetting straight down and back, which is unsafe as all hell.
+1 to everything...

Street racing is just a bad idea and before people come on here and say "We all do it. You can't say you don't."

I don't. I respect the rest of the people on the road.

Quick Reply: Seats?