4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Will a Saleen kit fit on a GT with no modifying

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

Default Will a Saleen kit fit on a GT with no modifying

I was wondering if a Saleen kit will mount right up to a GT with no modifiying neccesary. A guy around here has a 99 Saleen or its a GT with authentic Saleen parts. For some reason he wants to my stock GT body parts+ some cash for his Saleen kit, we were gonna swap everything out at one time, so i was wondering if it will bolt directly up without any problems and if anyone else has put there Saleen kit on how long did it take for you to get it on
Old 01-23-2008, 12:14 PM
E_LOW
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Will a Saleen kit fit on a GT with no modifying

yes it will bolt up. i had a buddy that had a v6 stang with a saleen body kit. everything bolted up right no problem. only takes an hour (denpending on how fast you work) to get it on.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the info
Old 01-23-2008, 01:08 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

If it is a true Saleen urethane kit, ensure that you are in a warm area and give the parts time to warm up before you start swapping stuff out. Urethane is not very pliable when it's cold and is harder to get on. I don't see a problem though.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:25 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

+1

if its fiberglass then its not a real kit but it should be no problem
Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Fobra
Banned

ORIGINAL: E_LOW

yes it will bolt up. i had a buddy that had a v6 stang with a saleen body kit. everything bolted up right no problem. only takes an hour (denpending on how fast you work) to get it on.
BS!!!, I took us 4+ hrs to an install, the side scoops alone take 1-2hrs and the bumpers dont fit worth a damn, you have to KNOW what your doing and cut some of the urathane to make it fit like stock... can you slap it on there.. yeah, will it fit WELL NO!, Its extremely tedious and the instructions are crap and youll go through that urathane with the provided screws so fast it will make your head spin, even though they are supposed to depth checked in the mounting locations, they are not. Saleen is the crappiest body parts maker around for that price range, and thats before you go to paint, where it will cost you 3x as much to paint saleen parts as it will another decent urathane maker, saleen urathane is porous and oily its much more labor to do correctly, thats why most faleen kits looks like ***.
Old 01-23-2008, 08:32 PM
Fobra
Banned

and just set your car on fire rather than buy any fiberglass kit
Old 01-23-2008, 08:44 PM
fruhdaddy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

BS!!!, I took us 4+ hrs to an install, the side scoops alone take 1-2hrs and the bumpers dont fit worth a damn, you have to KNOW what your doing and cut some of the urathane to make it fit like stock... can you slap it on there.. yeah, will it fit WELL NO!, Its extremely tedious and the instructions are crap and youll go through that urathane with the provided screws so fast it will make your head spin, even though they are supposed to depth checked in the mounting locations, they are not. Saleen is the crappiest body parts maker around for that price range, and thats before you go to paint, where it will cost you 3x as much to paint saleen parts as it will another decent urathane maker, saleen urathane is porous and oily its much more labor to do correctly, thats why most faleen kits looks like ***.
the kit is already on the car..they are swapping parts so it is about a 99% chance it will fit
Old 01-23-2008, 09:31 PM
jagsfan
1st Gear Member

I have a 1996 Mustang GT with a Saleen body kit and everything bolted right in with NO modifications to the car or body kit. It looks great.

Bob
Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
xmikevankuikenx
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: banned

I don't know about the screws going through the bumper, never experienced that. Your last sentence is exactly right. I paint at a Ford dealership and the Saleen kits take at least an entire day to prep,prime, and fix all of the pinholes and imperfections before you can even get started painting it. They take 3-4 hours for me to install a kit, and that's only because I've put so many on before. The bumpers are easy, it's the side skirts, wing, and scoops that are tedious...the 96-98 kits are easy though.

Quick Reply: Will a Saleen kit fit on a GT with no modifying