MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Has anyone had any experience with this brand? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/398007-has-anyone-had-any-experience-with-this-brand.html)

hochness 01-24-2008 12:27 PM

Has anyone had any experience with this brand?

Hey all,

I'm looking to add a 75mm plenum and throttle body.
I found this on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-04...em250207631579

Anyone have any comments about the brand? I also found an Accufab plenum and TB for about $300 currently on ebay. Is a TB/Plenum combo just that or does the brand makea difference?

Thanks,
Sam

stangdriver2007 01-24-2008 01:20 PM

RE: Has anyone had any experience with this brand?

thats made by professional products. dont waste ur money go to accufab they cost more but imo are the best . even bbk is goood look into maybe a mac plenum or bbk or trick flow. pp not the way to go

rmr1923 01-24-2008 01:26 PM

go with the Accufab, they're a much better tb/plenum combo. Professional Products aren't complete crap, but not as good as the Accufab. I've got a BBK 75mm and C&L plenum on my car and I like them. BBK doesn't make the upper plenums anymore btw (at least that's what I was told when trying to order one with my throttle body).

sleeping stallion 01-24-2008 01:28 PM

hey i got my bbk plenum of my friend i have looked everywhere and i guess they dont sell it by itself anymore it likes nice

AmericanRicer87 01-24-2008 01:37 PM

I have a 75mm BBK and it sticks shut since i started using spray. I will be buying an accufab throttle body after i get a few things straight.

OzzDOA 01-24-2008 01:52 PM

I have the PP TB/Plenum combo and love it. I really don't see spending the extra money on the Accufab pieces when the TB and plenum flow more air than the engine can handle in the first place. To me the extra $200 or so wasn't worth the 1 or 2 hp you get out of the Accufab.

GT03 TJS 01-24-2008 01:57 PM

i've heard a lot of good things about the Prof.Products parts...everyone who i know that has them seems to be happy....

I however have a 75mm Accufab throttle body that gives me a TON more power.....then again my plenum/intake manifold is a Kenne Bell 2.1 so that might have something to do with it ;)

Chubstang 01-24-2008 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: OzzDOA

I have the PP TB/Plenum combo and love it. I really don't see spending the extra money on the Accufab pieces when the TB and plenum flow more air than the engine can handle in the first place. To me the extra $200 or so wasn't worth the 1 or 2 hp you get out of the Accufab.
+1, don't waste your money on accufab. I've heard good things about PP so I say go for it.

dennis_112 01-24-2008 06:28 PM

PP are and always will be CHEAP and I mean CHEAP in a bad way. There TB's stick closed occassionally. They are massed produced and built like crap. If your going to buy something for you beautiful Mustang dont put something that your unsure about under the hood controlling your air flow. Buy it right the first time. Accufab are the BEST mustang TB period. Anyone will tell you that. Its $400 dollars for the combo. Compared to what $200 for the pp combo. Youget what you pay for, its only $200 difference for a night and day product difference.

jmac72187 01-24-2008 07:13 PM

ORIGINAL: dennis_112

PP are and always will be CHEAP and I mean CHEAP in a bad way. There TB's stick closed occassionally. They are massed produced and built like crap. If your going to buy something for you beautiful Mustang dont put something that your unsure about under the hood controlling your air flow. Buy it right the first time. Accufab are the BEST mustang TB period. Anyone will tell you that. Its $400 dollars for the combo. Compared to what $200 for the pp combo. Youget what you pay for, its only $200 difference for a night and day product difference.
So is every other part for our cars and all cars for that matter. You will be hard pressed to find stuff that isn't mass produced nowadays.