4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Ford Warenty

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Ford Warenty

if they can link a piece of your car failing to that specific aftermarket part, then you'll be paying for that work. if you install gears and you come in because your windows are acting funny, or your intake is a poop, they won't be able to link the cause of those things to your gears. you ***** your rear-end though, then yeah, you're paying for that.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:28 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

I looked at my warently and wut is not included in it. It say "aftermarket" parts are not included, but it says nothing about them craping out my waranteee

???
Old 03-31-2005, 02:26 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

OK, I have actually been through this, so here is the answer.

I have 4.10s in my 03 GT.....and some other junk too.

They are FRPP gears and they were purchased from and installed by the dealer where I bought the car when it was new. It was a little more expensive but now that I am having transmission problems, everything is still covered under the warranty - NO PROBLEM!

I get all of my service done there and they want to keep me as a customer.

However, no other dealers will touch my car. Sooooo, if you are planning mods and are worried about your warranty, you better talk to the dealer you plan on working with and make a deal with them.

My dealer also has no problem with my CAI or Magnaflow midpipe and catback. They also TOLD me to get a predator for it.....that they will not have any warranty issues with that because they know me.

Other dealers might be different because the thing changes your A/F ratio, timing and can remove the rev limiter......if you use one without telling your dealer you could be in for some trouble if your engine starts knocking or something.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:32 PM
muztanggurl
1st Gear Member

Like Mike said go through the dealer, and don't race... had a friend with a Mach 1, his engine started knocking at the track... he removed all his aftermarket stuff, put the car on a trailer and unplugged the battery for a day..... took it to the dealer he bought it from... the plugged in their computer... it told them everything... ET's, max MPH, the works, etc... they said sorry pal, that'll be 6 grand for a new engine......
Old 03-31-2005, 02:42 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: muztanggurl

Like Mike said go through the dealer, and don't race... had a friend with a Mach 1, his engine started knocking at the track... he removed all his aftermarket stuff, put the car on a trailer and unplugged the battery for a day..... took it to the dealer he bought it from... the plugged in their computer... it told them everything... ET's, max MPH, the works, etc... they said sorry pal, that'll be 6 grand for a new engine......
That's true about the computer but I think the memory only stores about 50 miles or so. Don't quote me on the 50 mile thing but the memory IS limited.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:16 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

would using the predator on my car void my Major Guard GM Protection Plan in any way? Even if i restore it to factory defauts before I bring it in?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:20 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Sorry bout post whoring.......

but i just found sumthing interesting out...... get this....

Under The Magnusson-Moss Warranty- Federal Trade commission Improvement Act of 1975, aftermarket equipment does not, and can not, void a vehicles manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicles warranty, or if the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
PRmedic
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sandcracker21

Sorry bout post whoring.......

but i just found sumthing interesting out...... get this....

Under The Magnusson-Moss Warranty- Federal Trade commission Improvement Act of 1975, aftermarket equipment does not, and can not, void a vehicles manufacturer’s original warranty, unless the warranty clearly states the addition of aftermarket equipment automatically voids your vehicles warranty, or if the aftermarket device is the direct cause of the failure.

thats pretty sweet. wish my car still had warranty...
Old 03-31-2005, 07:33 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I think ford is gonna void mine because I have a K&N intake in it. Is there anything I can do to stop them?
Old 03-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Dancing Chicken

That's a big nono for the dealership to do that. If things escalate with them call the Federal Trade Commission at 1-877-FTC-HELP. I would not go "stirring the pot", though, unless you know for a fact that the dealer is going to give you trouble. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Ford Warenty