MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   HELP!!!!How to remove sideview mirror? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/406821-help-how-to-remove-sideview-mirror.html)

BADSEED 02-14-2008 07:06 PM

HELP!!!!How to remove sideview mirror?

I need to know how to take it off...I broke my mirror trying to park it in my garage when I put it away for the winter, cars coming out in a couple of weeks and I need to replace...I have the Mach 460 stereo system I'm getting the mirror of of ebay shipped for $40...it cost $161 at ford

contentsunderpressur 02-14-2008 07:14 PM

RE: HELP!!!!How to remove sideview mirror?

Just take the speaker off the top of the door and the nuts are behind the plastic/rubber piece that's stuck to the door. Just peel it back and take the nuts off. The mirror will fall off.

BADSEED 02-14-2008 07:37 PM

speaker has no bolts just pops off?

ponysnake99 02-14-2008 07:58 PM

no bolts holding the mesh cover, just pull strait out. theres a couple bolts behind the mesh holding the tweeter case onto the door

03greyGT 02-14-2008 08:02 PM

the speaker cover just pops off, then theres a phillips screw holding the speaker housing to the door. Take the screw out and there will be three nuts holding the mirror on. Take the three nuts off and the mirror will come off the car. When I took mine off I had to take the door panel cup (plate with the window switches in it) off to get to the mirror connection. I would disconnect the power connection first so the mirror isnt flopping around against your door while youre trying to get to the connection cause its kindof a pain to get to it...

BADSEED 02-14-2008 08:19 PM

alright thanks guys probably take it apart tomorrow

m260gt 02-14-2008 11:25 PM

yeah i had to do this a few weeks ago. speaker mesh comes off pretty easy. i had to use a screwdriver to start it. then the bols are there. then the mirror and window control pannel pops out and you have to take the door panel off, there is a black plastic pin down by the pedals that holds the door panel on, after you remove that the door panel will pop off if i remember right. then you just unbolt the mirror and unplug the electrical harness behind the door panel and the mirror comes off. took me about 30 min to replace. haha cause i had to figure it out while i was doing it. not too hard though.

JayDs Ibanez 02-15-2008 04:47 AM

i took my door panel off, removed the bolt to the upper speaker, and the screws, and the mirror pops right off

99mustang38or46 02-19-2008 11:21 AM

^^^^^^^^^why did you take the door panel off? that was unneeded ........

rainydayracing 02-19-2008 12:02 PM

ORIGINAL: 99mustang38or46
^^^^^^^^^why did you take the door panel off? that was unneeded ........
+BTW - I also tried the garage backing in mirror removal technique myself. Got it shipped to my door for $40 too.