4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I think my clutch is slipping!? Not sure.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:20 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

Default I think my clutch is slipping!? Not sure.

I took my daily driver, 03 Stang GT Coupe 5 speed Tremec 3650, out for a nice weekend drive. Its about 65 degreestodayand just started it up wait about 30 sec for the idle to go down and then went on my way. The first stop sign I came to I stop and then when I was letting out on the clutch pedalthe carjerked about 3 times. I quickly put the clutch pedal to the floor and it stop. While on the way to the next stop sign I pulled up on the pedal and then presses it repeatly after that no problems. But before in the summer I was sitting still in a parking lot showing off my exhaust and reved it to about 6k and left off with the clutch pedal down and felt the car move forward slowly. Other then that every once in a while I will be speeding up quickly through 2nd gear then shift into 3rd and it will hestiate for slip second and then go full ***** to the wall. This is of course shifting at 6k and not something I do every day. But I would like to shift at 6k because I take my Daily Driver to the track with my drag car and run it also. I still have the stock clutch and I will be replacing it soon, but was wondering if it is the problem. Mods listed below.
Old 02-17-2008, 06:52 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I think my clutch is slipping!? Not sure.

It's a stock clutch that's 5 years old.I'm sure since you have that procharger strapped to your *** that you don't baby the car.I'd go out on a limb and say that it's time to get a new clutch.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:40 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

You need a firewall adjuster and a quadrant for sure. BTW, I talked to the people at Dayton 5.0 Performance that did your blower and longtube install.......Mike is a good guy and gave me prices on everything he did for you[8D]
Old 02-17-2008, 08:42 PM
dennis_112
3rd Gear Member

JayC,
First off they didnt do my long tube install. Second whats your point he told you prices on the blower install he did. I would be more then happy to tell you. I paid about $6500 out the door for the p1sc, 3 core, 42lb, svt pump, tune, etc. Again, they didnt install headers on my car. If they said they did, then they were confused about someone else.Idont understand why you even posted. Mike wanted to do my header install. He might get to do my clutch if he is lucky. He isa great guy and owns a hell of a shop. He we be on pinks soon too. Have him tell you that story. Man, if there is something you have against me let it go. Its becoming to be really childish and immature. I love this site and the people on it. We are all here for the same reason's. We all have a love and passion for Mustangs and Fast cars.
ANYWAY!!!
I know I need a firewall adjuster and quadrant. I was torn between my maf and the clutch. My maf went out about 2 weeks are the install of the blower. It started going out when I was driving home from work on a hot summer day. The car would fall on its face. Then jerk really bad. I would check the connection and mess with it for a bit then it would be fine for a few days then do the samething. I was being to think the maf was beginning to fry again. Last time my car was down for about 4 weeks. I would hate to be in that situation again. I diffinetly dont baby it. It gets drove like it should hard and fast. I dont speed shift it though.Even at thetrack.I need a knew Pro 5.0 shifterinstalled too.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dennis_112

JayC,
First off they didnt do my long tube install. Second whats your point he told you prices on the blower install he did. I would be more then happy to tell you. I paid about $6500 out the door for the p1sc, 3 core, 42lb, svt pump, tune, etc. Again, they didnt install headers on my car. If they said they did, then they were confused about someone else.Idont understand why you even posted. Mike wanted to do my header install. He might get to do my clutch if he is lucky. He isa great guy and owns a hell of a shop. He we be on pinks soon too. Have him tell you that story. Man, if there is something you have against me let it go. Its becoming to be really childish and immature. I love this site and the people on it. We are all here for the same reason's. We all have a love and passion for Mustangs and Fast cars.
ANYWAY!!!
I know I need a firewall adjuster and quadrant. I was torn between my maf and the clutch. My maf went out about 2 weeks are the install of the blower. It started going out when I was driving home from work on a hot summer day. The car would fall on its face. Then jerk really bad. I would check the connection and mess with it for a bit then it would be fine for a few days then do the samething. I was being to think the maf was beginning to fry again. Last time my car was down for about 4 weeks. I would hate to be in that situation again. I diffinetly dont baby it. It gets drove like it should hard and fast. I dont speed shift it though.Even at thetrack.I need a knew Pro 5.0 shifterinstalled too.
Just trying to cut through the bull$hit here. You answer every post with interweb BS or quotes from other websites. Recently you advised someone to get a quadrant and firewall adjuster but you don't have one yourself. You tell me you installed your longtube headers in 2 hours, yet you paid someone to install your NX kit as well as your blower. Why wouldn't you do that yourself of you are such the mechanic?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:27 PM
JayC
4th Gear Member

A little follow-up on what I have found searching this board.

RE: Nitrous....help please - 1/27/2008 1:29:20 PM showPicture("1/27/2008 11:29:20 AM",0,0,0,4517102,4) dennis_112
titleAndStar(105,0,0,false,",")2nd Gear Member

[align=center][/align]
Status: offline Go with a wet kit. I firmly stand behind it.

I didnt mean to step on your ego. Excuse me.God forbid if someone knows more about a mod engine then you.I have installed and tuned many nitrous kit from wet, dry,to direct port. Actually I have a complete plate kit here at my house, that I took off before installing the blower. I dont have to prove myself to you, there was nothing wrong with what I said above. Yet again no point to you posting.

NX PLATE KIT TO BE INSTALLED SOON - 2/17/2007 11:23:46 PM showPicture("2/17/2007 9:23:46 PM",0,0,0,2737748,16) dennis_112
titleAndStar(105,0,0,false,",")2nd Gear Member

[align=center][/align]
Status: offline I ordered the NX plate kit for my 03 gt and I am going to get it installed this coming tues. Can anyone foresee anything I should do to my stock GT. I have heard the colder plugs, but I am only going to use it at the strip, so I dont want to run colder plugs all the time to just spray every once in a while you know. Should I just use higher octane fuel when I am going to spray, and carry a octane booster in my car in case I get challenged when I am not using higher octane fuel. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
thanks dennis

As you can see you either have a very poor memory or you just lied. What is it?

Old 02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

OWNED!
Old 02-18-2008, 07:29 AM
BolognaPony
2nd Gear Member

Wow PWNT!

I installed my own NX Plate kit, the main line kit which is harder than the regular one....and if you cant do that on your own you need to step away from the car NOW! [8D]