4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Roush Interior Trim Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 09:48 AM
mv577

Default Roush Interior Trim Kit??

Hello all...

I've learned a lot surfing the boards the last few weeks... and have been trying to use the search function as much as I can... however the answer to this one little question seems to allude me...

Can anyone tell me if the Roush interior trim kit I see being sold for the 01-04 GT vert. is a full replacement... or just overlays...

I broke the back tab off of both switch housings on the doors... and would buy this kit to replace them... and look cool if it replaces the entire pieces... obviously won't be much of a help if it just sticks onto the broken piece...

Thanks in advance!

Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Interior Trim Kit??

That kit is just overlays. You could go with this kit but it's a little pricey just for some plastic. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS
Old 02-18-2008, 11:37 AM
baino
4th Gear Member

that is pretty pricey. I just took the accent pieces out and stripped the armor all off and painted them myself. its not hard at all, everything just pops off.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:13 PM
mv577

Thanks for the replies...I'm not too concerned with the color of the parts... I really only need the switch housing / door handles... with that back tab broken they move when you pull the door closed... I just figured if I could change it out to CF or billet it would be cool...

Anyone have a good site for OEM parts? I guess I could always just try my local dealer...

Thanks again!

Mike
Old 02-18-2008, 07:11 PM
buwaleed

might want to check the roush kit here http://www.speedyperformanceparts.co...rim-kit_z.html it says that it's a replacement not overlay
Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
mv577

ORIGINAL: buwaleed

might want to check the roush kit here http://www.speedyperformanceparts.co...rim-kit_z.html it says that it's a replacement not overlay
ya that's the one I was talking about... I went to my local dealer last night who is also a Roush retailer... they believe it is a full replacement, not an overlay... I ordered it since they said they would let me return it if we're wrong... pricey... but I like the look

thanks again for the replies..

Mike
Old 02-20-2008, 04:42 PM
racersforford
1st Gear Member

^that's the one i have. It's not a replacement, it's an overlay, however, it's not a flat overlay, it's molded, so it actually looks really nice. I've had a lot of comps on it.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:23 PM
undecided.steve
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangman5089

That kit is just overlays. You could go with this kit but it's a little pricey just for some plastic. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...1&comp=LRS
I think that's the kit that came stock with my 2003 Centennial Mustng.
The only thing different is my A/C ***** are black.

I have all the trim stuff, Bullit pedals etc though.

If it;s the same thing, it's real plastic not overlays.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

Edit: I need to read peoples post more carefully.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Chubstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racersforford

^that's the one i have. It's not a replacement, it's an overlay, however, it's not a flat overlay, it's molded, so it actually looks really nice. I've had a lot of comps on it.
Any pics? I'm considering buying that kit but I might just paint the stock stuff silver.

Quick Reply: Roush Interior Trim Kit??