4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Has anyone used the Sniper S.F.?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 03:00 AM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

Default Has anyone used the Sniper S.F.?

Has anyone on here dealt with the Sniper S.F. tuning software? Just orderd it (among other things)and gonna get to play with it when I get Home. Also if anyones used it,was it on XP or Vista?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:22 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Has anyone used the Sniper S.F.?

I have it and use it with Vista. I love it and Highly recommend it for anyone interested in tuning their own vehicle. Its very user friendly and IMO the best bang for your buck tuning solution out there right now. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help you out as much as possible. They also have great customer support.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:40 AM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tbirdscwd

I have it and use it with Vista. I love it and Highly recommend it for anyone interested in tuning their own vehicle. Its very user friendly and IMO the best bang for your buck tuning solution out there right now. If you have any questions I'll be happy to help you out as much as possible. They also have great customer support.
Appreciate that. Thats definately good to know, and I might jnust hav e to take you up on the offer. Did you notice a difference in throttle resonse? Does the software actually let you modify the paramaters after you first do the stock tune? From what I gather from the stuff that I've read is that you need the commando package to adjust/fine tune various parameters.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:54 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

You can modify for different kinds of blowers/turbo/nitrous, pounds of boost, type of intercooler, engine displacement, compression ratio, type of midpipe, type of catback, octane rating, type of MAF, injector size, fuel pump, tire size, gear ratio, auto/manual, Fuel Management Unit, type of fuel system, spark advance, fuel curves, Pretty much everything there is to modify, its there and adjustable.

The Commando will just give you complete control of all your maps and scalars.

Old 02-23-2008, 04:05 AM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

Cool, cant wait to put the little bolt ons that i got anddo a little playin around with it.Thanx for the info tbirdscw.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I have used it to tune my friends car and it works pretty damn good. He got a dyno tune and made 390 to the wheels. He bought the sniper and he had me take out the crap dyno tune and street tune it (he had a wideband) with the sniper. He went back to the dyno and made 415rwhp. I never let anybody touch my car especially a tuner so I have the sniper system now too.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:39 AM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: oxfordgt

I have used it to tune my friends car and it works pretty damn good. He got a dyno tune and made 390 to the wheels. He bought the sniper and he had me take out the crap dyno tune and street tune it (he had a wideband) with the sniper. He went back to the dyno and made 415rwhp. I never let anybody touch my car especially a tuner so I have the sniper system now too.
I'm curious as to the power gain on a factory 4.6 with the usual bolt ons. What I really like about this tuning software is that if you do anymore add-ons (such as a .....Kenne Belle )then you can just Retune it . Supposedly....Hope so anyway[&:]
Old 02-23-2008, 05:55 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Theres probably about 10-15 horsepower to be had even by tuning a stock 4.6l, and your right, if you install other items such as a blower, you can make a tune for it. Although tuning a supercharged car its really necessary to have a wideband 02 kit that will show your A/F ratio.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:29 AM
capnacee
2nd Gear Member

[sm=smiley14.gif] wideband 02 definately on the list.[sm=smiley14.gif]Got a link for the best price? perhaps
Old 02-23-2008, 07:00 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

I got a autometer c2 series for 280ish on ebay

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the Sniper S.F.?