4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

This comes with EVERY Mustang!

Old 04-04-2005, 04:11 PM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

Default This comes with EVERY Mustang!

I have only had my mustang for a month, but obviously every Mustang comes with this. It is something only non-Mustang owners can see. Somewhere on your car, painted in invisible paint (only seen by non-Mustang owners) it reads "Rev you engine, or race me, no matter how SH**** you car is!" I didn't know this until I bought mine. Let me tell you who has seen this message so far:

Mid 90ish Extended cab S10 - Single ricer-bazooka exhaust
Mid 80ish 240sx - Ugly a** wing, 4 dudes riding in it.
Multiple Civics - Most had annoying exhaust, most of them had original hubcaps, if any
90ish 2door (smaller) blazer - I just shook my head and laughed, pissed him off

You can kind see where i'm going with this. Now i know i'm eventually going to pull up to some sleeper that looks stock and he'll burn me, but until then, i just have to laugh!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13593/981A0EB9A8DF477583E47DDE4A933346.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-04-2005, 04:29 PM
HiGHWaY MaN

Default RE: This comes with EVERY Mustang!

LOL! I just got mine a couple of months ago and the same day i got it I was off of the lot for about an hour and some guy in a Mustang pulkled up next to me and did a 5 second burn out. he looked at me and I was HELL NO I just bought this....... gimme some time!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

I think its a legacy from the pre 99 4.6L (non PI ones). They were slow as *****, and now all mustangs have a bad rep with the younger crowd. Everybody seems to have a "I beat a mustang" story, even if it was a 97 auto vert running on 7 cylenders.

Personally, I love it. If theres anything I want people to think about my car it is to underestimate it.

My personal favorite is the highway ricers. They are convinced that their cars are super fast from a 70 roll, just because if you give em 5 minutes they can hit 140 MPH. Whats really fun is to burn em down, then let off the gas. They stay into it and try the ricer flyby thing. Wait till they are only a few cars back coming up on you fast, and then punch it agian and pull away before they pass
Old 04-04-2005, 04:43 PM
snlpa
2nd Gear Member

And the whole time I thought they seen there own reflection(Just Waxed) and it frightened them into stabbing the gas pedal!!!! Seriously though.....everyone has to drive firm. It's kind of funny!!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:46 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

its definatly true though. LOL
Old 04-04-2005, 04:49 PM
DIVER8374
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jchittick

I have only had my mustang for a month, but obviously every Mustang comes with this. It is something only non-Mustang owners can see. Somewhere on your car, painted in invisible paint (only seen by non-Mustang owners) it reads "Rev you engine, or race me, no matter how SH**** you car is!" I didn't know this until I bought mine. Let me tell you who has seen this message so far:

Multiple Civics - Most had annoying exhaust, most of them had original hubcaps, if any

You can kind see where i'm going with this. Now i know i'm eventually going to pull up to some sleeper that looks stock and he'll burn me, but until then, i just have to laugh!

I wish I had this problem!!! I have got my mustang in Aug. and still have yet to be lucky enough to pull up to a light next to anyone that want to race!!! The other day I pulled up next to a Viper (some 80 year old guy in it) reved my engine and when tthe light turned green he sat there for 5-10 seconds before he touched the gas and by this time I was long gone, WTF??? I am wainting to run some ricer on the street from a light. The only thing that I have had the cance to do was leave a group of ricers in my dust on the hight one night comeing back from Maimi, They tried to pass me doing about 95mph and when the lead car got next to me ( I was going about 90) I put it on the floor and left them!!! lol I though it was funny.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:34 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

hell man anywhere i go everybody wants to race. thats fine by me. with 295 potenzas and 5K in saleen suspension i can launch at full throttle. they ussually dont even bother with a flyby
Old 04-04-2005, 05:40 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

yeah i actually have this problem too and i have a v6. its all good cuz i only lost to 2 cars, a bmw 3-series and my friends 02 sentra se-r. my kills include a 96 v6 camaro,about 2 or 3 civics, 2 accords, 1 probe, a cavalier z28, an rsx (base model), and i think thats it. so not bad considering the car i have. when i run into a mustang gt or corvette something with a v8, i know when to quit it. i hate it when ppl in corvettes revv to me at a light, i mean its like "duh no contest"
Old 04-04-2005, 08:51 PM
LuvBottles97GT
2nd Gear Member

LMAO! That is hella true. Theres just something that telling every car on the street that you want to race them and that they should floor it passed you. Gotta love when the ricers do it. "O look its 1 of those slow Mustangs"......and after you are 30 cars in front of them that is usually when they realize its a lost cause.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: jchittick

hey man, i think i see it on your car. it's to the left of your handle. it's kind of hard to see. look real close.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: This comes with EVERY Mustang!