4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Electric Exhuast Cutoffs

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Daveo2k6
2nd Gear Member

Default Electric Exhuast Cutoffs

i am shopping for some MAC LT Headers for my 99 GT and i seen some exhaust cut offs and thought it would be cool to get the electric kit for it. Is there a power gain? i am not raelly worried about the power gain really.. mostly thinking it would be cool to just flip a switch and hear my baby ROAR!

so these good, bad, waste of money??
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 PM
baino
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Electric Exhuast Cutoffs

cool as h3ll, but dont really think theyre worth the cash
Old 03-01-2008, 12:47 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

go manuel....its ALOT for eletric..who cares if u have to crawl and unscrew like to screws it badasss when they open
Old 03-01-2008, 02:15 PM
black35th
4th Gear Member

Yea there pretty expensive, and I THINK i remember 01GT4.6 sayin that they can be a PITA to get em to fit right due to the size of the motor that they have on them. I would just go with the manual ones.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Sunadaime
2nd Gear Member

ID personally go for electric. been seeing them in the backs of magazines and was thinking about it. It would be freaking awesome to free up 5-10 hp over you exhaust system by just pushing a button. and even better is when your sitting at a red light and a car pulls up beside you showing how loud their weed eater gets, just push the button and wam bam thank you mam XD
Old 03-01-2008, 06:55 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: black35th

Yea there pretty expensive, and I THINK i remember 01GT4.6 sayin that they can be a PITA to get em to fit right due to the size of the motor that they have on them. I would just go with the manual ones.
I never tried the electric ones that may have been someone else. I have the manual ones and they are easy to uncap and are a bunch cheaper than the electric ones. I noticed a loss of low end torque with them open.
they do sound nasty though a walk around my mustang w/ open cutouts.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 PM
ShinobiOfLegends
3rd Gear Member

oh i want some electric ones so bad... DO IT
Old 03-01-2008, 07:27 PM
echoman
2nd Gear Member

To the OP, I think cutouts would be pretty cool, I think the new Corvettes have that as an option[8D] If you plan on getting some cams they will sound even better IMO. A guy in our mustang club has them on his '96 cobra,he had the car ona local dyno with them open andclosed to see if they made a difference. They were only good for 3-5rwhp but man his car was LOUD with them open.
ORIGINAL: 01GT4.6

ORIGINAL: black35th

I never tried the electric ones that may have been someone else. I have the manual ones and they are easy to uncap and are a bunch cheaper than the electric ones. I noticed a loss of low end torque with them open.
they do sound nasty though a walk around my mustang w/ open cutouts.
Not to hijack thethread, but 01gt4.6 that guyJeff on streetfire sure sounds like an idiot. Have you raced him yet? I guessa lot of people really underestimate suspension setups and a good driver. I hope you own him at the track, and your car sounds sweet
Old 03-01-2008, 07:52 PM
01GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: echoman

Not to hijack thethread, but 01gt4.6 that guyJeff on streetfire sure sounds like an idiot. Have you raced him yet? I guessa lot of people really underestimate suspension setups and a good driver. I hope you own him at the track, and your car sounds sweet
thanks, if you click on my screen name on streetfire you'll see that I made a callout video for him. No I haven't ran him because I offered to meet him 1/2 way, he picked a track that was 11+ hrs away from me and 3hrs from him, obviously he's not good with math or geography. I'd love to prove my point but I'm not going that far to do it.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:00 PM
smoke96
2nd Gear Member

what exactly do these do?

Quick Reply: Electric Exhuast Cutoffs