MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Typhoon Intake Manifold 25hp? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/413835-typhoon-intake-manifold-25hp.html)

Blk N Wht GT 03-02-2008 11:50 AM

Typhoon Intake Manifold 25hp?

I wanted to see if anyone has the Typhoon Intake manifold on their car or if you have heard anything about it. Do you like it? is there a noticeable power increase? have any problems? CEL? any comments or feedback would be appreciated
ty

silverstang1996 03-02-2008 11:58 AM

RE: Typhoon Intake Manifold 25hp?

it does basically nothing on a car like yours. you won't feel a difference pretty much. Those manifolds only give noticable power with well modded cars.

Blk N Wht GT 03-02-2008 12:13 PM

ok, ty. I was stupid and didn't check the forums for more on this first. i found out what i need to. i won't get it.
thanks

RuffCat 03-02-2008 01:24 PM

smart choice...lol Those intake ar terrible. Over exaggerated and a big hype to sell the consumers junk. They actually hurt your hp all the way up to almost 3500rpms. Honsestly, you will lose a few hp's under 3500 and gain maybe 3-4hp up to redline. The only gains are in a higher revving motor which any intake can produce those gains when ported. The P-51 is the only intake worth while. There's nothing that compares to it and you will never lose any power. A stock GT can see as much a 15rwhp from that set-up.

silverstang1996 03-02-2008 02:50 PM

ORIGINAL: RuffCat

smart choice...lol Those intake ar terrible. Over exaggerated and a big hype to sell the consumers junk. They actually hurt your hp all the way up to almost 3500rpms. Honsestly, you will lose a few hp's under 3500 and gain maybe 3-4hp up to redline. The only gains are in a higher revving motor which any intake can produce those gains when ported. The P-51 is the only intake worth while. There's nothing that compares to it and you will never lose any power. A stock GT can see as much a 15rwhp from that set-up.
not really, it's just they don't make a difference on lightly modified car. If he had a built motor, he'd see better gains.

tbirdscwd 03-02-2008 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: silverstang1996

ORIGINAL: RuffCat

not really, it's just they don't make a difference on lightly modified car. If he had a built motor, he'd see better gains.

Especially if he had ported heads and a blower.

Blk N Wht GT 03-02-2008 07:42 PM

lol.. i'm working on headers, heads, cams, tune.. blower eventually. i just need some more moolah! donations? [sm=grinangel.gif]

i hadn't heard about the p-51 intake manifold before.

so basically the verdict is, only get an intake manifold if i go f/i?

mlax 03-02-2008 07:44 PM

I have it. For 500 bucks it is not to bad. I can't tell you what diff it made over stock because all was changed at the same time. However looking at my sig I have 530 to the wheels with portedheads cams and 15lbs on my s-trim. Those are pretty good numbers. Weather or not the intake had a big part in that I dought it, but if it added 15 to 25 more horse with the other supporting mods then it was worth it. This summer we will go with either a T or JT-trim and really let it loose.

brian1570 03-02-2008 09:39 PM

wat about the track heat? thats the one i was considering going w/.

SINISTER 03-02-2008 10:23 PM

I have the Typhoon. Got it to rplace the stock manifold when it cracked. The P-51 was twice the cost and I would have had to get new fuel rails to go with it. I didn't notice any difference in power, up or down, nor was I expecting to. However, it was an overall good part, and bolted right up with no problems.