4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Factory CD player won't eject or play. Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 07:58 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Default Factory CD player won't eject or play. Now what?

Factory 6 disc in-dash Mach460 setup will not play CD's or eject them. I just getthe CD Error message.

Thoughts? comments? Suggestions?
Old 03-02-2008, 08:15 PM
VTX
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Factory CD player won't eject or play. Now what?

They always break. Some last a month some last a couple of years. Just time for a new CD player.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
bigtom
2nd Gear Member

Mine did that too. i just use an ipod with radio adapter now. if you find a way to fix it please pm me
Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
02 Ninja
5th Gear Member

I'm surprised mine still works (knock on wood). Getting a new cd player would be your best bet.XM or Sirus FTW
Old 03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
brian1570
Blart

+1 yeah mine is going too. so is my radio...so is my tape deck(for the ipod adapter) my mach speakers r great but my head unit suxxx to the maxxx and im brokkkeee...anyone wanna donate?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:36 PM
03StangerGT
2nd Gear Member

Is the CD just stuck in there? If so, heres what I do.

Take another CD out (one you don't like, it may get scratched) and when the little flap is open as you press Eject, just stick the other CD in on top of the stuck one and push down. Usually, after a few trys the CD comes right out. It only happens to me once in a while, and it is a PITA but this is an easy way to get it out. Now, as to actually fixing the problem all together, well thats the million dollar question. Typical Ford.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:18 PM
tcuallstar
4th Gear Member

just punch it a couple times, works like a charm on mine lol
Old 03-03-2008, 12:49 AM
vertmustang98gt
2nd Gear Member

[align=left]Yep I do the same thing but sometimes it takes 10 plus tries but after you fix it once it usually is fine for awhile.

ORIGINAL: tcuallstar
[/align]
just punch it a couple times, works like a charm on mine lol
Old 03-03-2008, 01:45 AM
SINISTER
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03StangerGT

Take another CD out (one you don't like, it may get scratched) and when the little flap is open as you press Eject, just stick the other CD in on top of the stuck one and push down. Usually, after a few trys the CD comes right out. It only happens to me once in a while, and it is a PITA but this is an easy way to get it out. Now, as to actually fixing the problem all together, well thats the million dollar question. Typical Ford.

Hope this helps.
This is pretty much what I do when it happens, except I use a credit card or driver's license to push the CD. That makes it eject. I find that it seems to only happen when I try to eject a CD while the changer is just about to switch to a different CD. I think it messes up the stupid computer inside.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 AM
califas_1987
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SINISTER

ORIGINAL: 03StangerGT

Hope this helps.
This is pretty much what I do when it happens, except I use a credit card or driver's license to push the CD. That makes it eject. I find that it seems to only happen when I try to eject a CD while the changer is just about to switch to a different CD. I think it messes up the stupid computer inside.
+2. This is the same method I use when I have this issue. On mine it seems to happen only in slots 2, 3, & 4. Quick solution: Put a CD in there that you REALLY like and wont change out often. Better solution, get yourself a new aftermarket radio. I asked about a replacement Mach radio and they wanted 300+! This is what I will eventually be getting: http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...80&tp=5684

Quick Reply: Factory CD player won't eject or play. Now what?