4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help me Spice it up

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:51 PM
OhThree4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default Help me Spice it up

2003 Mustang GT Premium...4.6L...Auto..18K

I need some help gettin' some hott stuff on my ride, i'm not quite 16 yet, but when the time comes, im gonna have a badass car...i need to know what i need to get for it to be hott and quick...i need the stuff that will make it sound great and looks, so everyone that sees it will be thinkin'..."man..that's a badass GT"

thanks for the help
Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Help me Spice it up

Was I the only one who had to drive a crappy $800 used buick centry for my first car? Too many moms and dads are spoiling the hell out of their kids... but I digress...

Tell me your budget and I'll help you out with the parts you need.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:00 PM
OhThree4.6
2nd Gear Member

Post some good parts for the ride so it will be a badass car, i dont care about prices...just quality...u gimmie the prices and parts...i will work for the money...i still got some time before im 16...about a year...i worked my *** off to buy the car, i can get some parts in a year...and so on
Old 04-05-2005, 02:04 PM
OhThree4.6
2nd Gear Member

Hook me up man...

thanks
Old 04-05-2005, 02:06 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

First, hold back the hott comments and you might get a few responses from our regulars

Are you looking for performance or looks?
Old 04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

Was I the only one who had to drive a crappy $800 used buick centry for my first car? Too many moms and dads are spoiling the hell out of their kids... but I digress...

Tell me your budget and I'll help you out with the parts you need.
Nope, i got my sister's 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera. It didn't have antifreeze in it for 3 years and the engine siezed up, oh well. My 2003 is the 4th car, 1st sports car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13593/F31912DE3C9E4961B2CF3ADCFEF4C424.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Well, the part cost can go as high as the cost of the car itself. However, here are a few suggestions.

Urathane Body kit. Whether it's Cervinis/Saleen.... etc try to get urathane as it will be much more dent resistent. www.mrbodykit.com has alot of choices.

For power: SLP, Magnaflow, BBK, Bassani, Borla.... There are many exhaust components to choose from. Picking the right header/midpipe/catback combination will make all the difference in sound and performance. Long Tube headers are the best but they are not emitions legal in most areas. Same goes for cat-less offroad mid pipes. Almost anything aftermarket is gonna be better for your car with regard to exhaust, however, stainless steel stuff will last longer than aluminized.

A supercharger is certainly the easiest way to turn your car from a nice V8 street car to a beast. It's expensive though (costing anywhere from 3000-8000 installed).

CAI are also mildly helpful (Mostly from the new filter). I've heard it said that JLT and tunableinduction make the best ones.

Gears will make a huge difference. We're talking 500 installed (no more) but it's worth it. Go for 4.10s.

Think about getting a chip tune. That can help alot, especially on an AUTO.

Get good tires and think about a brake upgrade. You're gonna be a new driver, don't kill yourself. It's a rear wheel drive car that is plenty capable of breaking loose.

Suspension... Well you can spend up to 4500 here alone (MM max grip box). but the most important thing to do is upper and lower control arms, subframe connectors, and springs.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:45 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

saleen will seel you there setup for 2G's
Old 04-05-2005, 02:57 PM
kubball2005
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OhThree4.6

2003 Mustang GT Premium...4.6L...Auto..18K

I need some help gettin' some hott stuff on my ride, i'm not quite 16 yet, but when the time comes, im gonna have a badass car...i need to know what i need to get for it to be hott and quick...i need the stuff that will make it sound great and looks, so everyone that sees it will be thinkin'..."man..that's a badass GT"

thanks for the help
Any reaon why you went with an auto? People debate about this all the time but I just think manuals are so much more fun, and putting the car into neutral to rev the engine just seems stupid to me.

Anyways, depending on how far you want to go with your mods, I'd put on a catback and midpipe, and some gears. That'll give you great accelration and people will hear you coming.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:59 PM
SilverGTV8
4th Gear Member

Get some seat time first.

I have seen to many kids who think they can drive end up with the ugliest car in the lot because they trashed it and can't afford to fix it or the totaled it and end up with a beater.

But anyway, what do you mean by "hott"? Sounds gay................

Body styling wise or performance wise?

Quick Reply: Help me Spice it up