4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Nitrous on High Mileage Motor??

Old 03-06-2008, 02:55 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous on High Mileage Motor??

BUT! Looking at your mods, I notice that you don't list gears. Personally, I'd add gears WAY before adding n2o. You'll notice a BIG difference in how your car feels with a set of 4.10's or even 3.73's.
I wouldn't recomend you buy gears b/c with all my mods and 3.73 gear, i am lucky to pull a 13.7 N/A.if you put a75 shot on your car, you are going to smoke some ls1 and you should be in the high 12 sec quarter mile.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:10 PM
BlackMUstang96GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MU71L4710N

PI swap and gears. surprised no one mentioned a PI swap for you yet.

How much does the PI Swap cost and where can I get it at for that cheap? What will it cost to have them installed? And how much of a power gain will I get from the swap?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:17 PM
BlackMUstang96GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03GTVert

I know how you feel, but unfortunately there really isn't anything significant you can do to actually add HP for that kind of cash OTHER than n2o.

BUT! Looking at your mods, I notice that you don't list gears. Personally, I'd add gears WAY before adding n2o. You'll notice a BIG difference in how your car feels with a set of 4.10's or even 3.73's.

The best part about gears is that you feel the difference any time you get on it and there's no bottles to re-fill, no window switches to worry about, no blown intakes and no additional strain on your engine.
I would still want decent gas mileage, how bad will it hurt gas mileage and how much do 3.73's cost?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:18 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: josh.davis

I wouldn't recomend you buy gears b/c with all my mods and 3.73 gear, i am lucky to pull a 13.7 N/A.if you put a75 shot on your car, you are going to smoke some ls1 and you should be in the high 12 sec quarter mile.
gears would be a good idea, noticeable difference... just cuz you run a 13.7 doesn't mean he will...
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 PM
BlackMUstang96GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: avlon06

gears would be a good idea, noticeable difference... just cuz you run a 13.7 doesn't mean he will...
Where would be the best place to buy gears and what gears would you recommend? Also,What would the cost be to have someone install them? Thanks for the help!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:31 PM
avlon06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BlackMUstang96GT

Where would be the best place to buy gears and what gears would you recommend? Also,What would the cost be to have someone install them? Thanks for the help!!
got mine from american muscle and used the discount code.. and im not sure how much the install is cuz i had my clutch replaced at the same time as the gears so maybe $300 or so?
Old 03-06-2008, 03:35 PM
BlackMUstang96GT
1st Gear Member

got mine from american muscle and used the discount code.. and im not sure how much the install is cuz i had my clutch replaced at the same time as the gears so maybe $300 or so?
Hey, Thanks for the info! I might just go ahead and buy gears and im still deciding on whether or not to buy nitrous, I know there will be much more of a risk of something going wrong but at the same time I want something cheap to get me some power. Thanks again!!
Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

[sm=icon_blah.gif].................I'm sorry dude; your right if he puts 4.10s in his car, it's going to knock offa full sec on his quartermile time. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

p.s. nitrous is not that risky, just put in a window switch and don't spray over 100 shot on factory timing.
Old 03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

window and wot switch at the least and i wouldnt run 100 on a stock tune. you *can*, but why risk it with nitrous. you could get a HH tuner and just knock 2 degrees of timing off or get your car dyno tuned for nitrous.

dont matter where you buy gears, motive or FRPP are good brands cant go wrong with them. get the full bearing instlal kit too especially since your car is a higher mileage car. installation will run 300 give or take depending on your area.

PI swap is just heads, cams, and intake manifold from a 99+ gt. you can get the parts for like 500$ or less from here or another forum. will give you a much better power band especially in the higher rpms and add a good chunk of HP too. dont know installation price though, most people just do it themselves.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 AM
BlackMUstang96GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MU71L4710N

window and wot switch at the least and i wouldnt run 100 on a stock tune. you *can*, but why risk it with nitrous. you could get a HH tuner and just knock 2 degrees of timing off or get your car dyno tuned for nitrous.

dont matter where you buy gears, motive or FRPP are good brands cant go wrong with them. get the full bearing instlal kit too especially since your car is a higher mileage car. installation will run 300 give or take depending on your area.

PI swap is just heads, cams, and intake manifold from a 99+ gt. you can get the parts for like 500$ or less from here or another forum. will give you a much better power band especially in the higher rpms and add a good chunk of HP too. dont know installation price though, most people just do it themselves.
How much of a power increase will the PI Swap give me? Thanks for all the info, it has helped me out!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nitrous on High Mileage Motor??