MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang-7/)
-   -   Improving Handling and Ride Quality (https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/415714-improving-handling-and-ride-quality.html)

Sap 03-06-2008 10:50 AM

Improving Handling and Ride Quality

Currently I am running the Eibach Prokit and Fox body KYB GR2's on my 03 Mustang GT. All other Suspension is stock. I am looking for the following :

1). Great Ride quality, currently the ride is pretty stiff and bumps shake the whole car
2). Better handling through corners.
3). More of Drop, the Prokit seems to be only a very small drop (even settled)

Please provide suggestions on better springs, shocks and control arms that work well together. I am not ready to step up to coil overs just yet.

Thanks.

E.

Fobra 03-06-2008 12:17 PM

RE: Improving Handling and Ride Quality

get another car lol...

I recommend steeda or roush springs/ macpherson, kyb or bilstien shocks and struts, and full length weld in subframes, also fat wall street tires will help

Rusmisel01GT 03-06-2008 02:22 PM

I also have this problem... I have the pro-kit and stock everything else. I just got some Tokico shocks/struts from stangsuspension.com and I will let you know how much better they are... They might be the same as the KYG's... but they might be better... These Tokico's are half the price of Billstiens... Im not spending 600 bucks on shocks/struts... sorry.

If they are a big upgrade I'll let you know.

945LSTANG 03-06-2008 05:38 PM

a dropped mustang isnt going to ride like a tauras. lol

even a stock suspension mustang has a pretty rough ride.

Sap 03-06-2008 07:39 PM

There has got to be some spring / shock combo that does ride well, I realize the challenge is the straight axle but still, there has to be some properly valved shocks for lowered stangs out there somewhere =)

E.

Fobra 03-06-2008 09:37 PM

roush/bilstien is as good as it gets

ottos 03-06-2008 09:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Sap

There has got to be some spring / shock combo that does ride well, I realize the challenge is the straight axle but still, there has to be some properly valved shocks for lowered stangs out there somewhere =)

E.

Thats a BIG challenge haha. Yeah the only cars that manage to ride good and handle are BMWs and Porsches, and they have independent aluminum suspensions, midengines, or 50/50 weight dist. And smart engineers who know how to dial it in, especially the steering which makes a big difference.

At least our steering is pretty good.

Aereon 03-07-2008 12:37 AM

Go and look into coilovers, the way the springs are setup over the shocks/struts allow for a much better compression of the shocks struts dampening ability. I have the full mm coilover setup and love it. Also the ability to adjust the height is nice.

I would also look into a bumpsteer kit to adjust the front geometry from lowering the stang with the coilovers.