4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Help Progamming remotes

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Our97Vert

Default Help Progamming remotes

I am trying to program another remote for the 1996Gt. Can anyone help.

I went onto a site that said I need to jump a connector in the left rear of the car????

Any help would be great.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:46 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Help Progamming remotes

turn the key to the run position and then off about 8 times in a row the doors will lock and then unlock press the button on your remote and make sure you have both remotes press one then the other turn the car off and check.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 PM
jagsfan
1st Gear Member

The jump connector can be a paper clip. That is how I did it. Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in left rear quarter panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will lock then unlock to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). The door locks will lock then unlock to confirm programming. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

This worked right out of the shoot.

Good luck,

Jag
Old 03-06-2008, 09:08 PM
mustangman03
3rd Gear Member

I know on mine i just turn the key on and off 8 times
Old 03-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Our97Vert

I have the carpet off in the trunk(left side when sitting in the car). Where abouts is this contact? Is it in the same spot for a convertible.

Thanks for the help
Old 03-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Our97Vert

ORIGINAL: jagsfan

The jump connector can be a paper clip. That is how I did it. Turn ignition to RUN or ACC. Momentarily jump pins in programming connector located in left rear quarter panel area. All doors will lock then unlock to confirm programming mode. Press any button on 1st transmitter. Door locks will lock then unlock to confirm programming. Press any button on 2nd transmitter (up to 4 transmitters total possible). The door locks will lock then unlock to confirm programming. Turn ignition to OFF. Locks will again cycle to indicate end of programming mode.

This worked right out of the shoot.

Good luck,

Jag

Oh... I just read you have a convertible too... can you tell me exactly where this connector is? I looked all over on the left side?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
jagsfan
1st Gear Member

Yes, I have a 1996 GT Convertible and it was in the left rear, just inside the quarter panel. If you have a haynes manual there is a picture of it in there. I am out of town if not I would send you a pic. Let me know if you still have trouble tomorrow and I will take a picture of it for you.

Jag
Old 03-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Our97Vert

I found a 2 prong plug behind a box that says anti theft device Left rear quater panel. The plug has a grey connector. Is this the one I need to jump?
Old 03-12-2008, 08:01 PM
Our97Vert

The more I have been reading about keyless entry. I don't think my car has it? I think the box is supposed to be in the plastic cut out in the left rear of the car right over where this connector is. Can anyone help me figure this out.A picture of the keyless entry box and where this 2 prong connector is would be a great help.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Most mustangs with power locks had keyless entry.

Quick Reply: Help Progamming remotes