4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

slp loudmouth

Old 03-11-2008, 01:42 AM
mr_mustang23
2nd Gear Member

Default slp loudmouth

im guna be getting either the slp loudmouth 1 or 2 catbackbut i have a few questions:

1. which one is louder, comments on the 2 say its not that loud, i want a noticable increase on my car

2. if i took it to the dealership i bought the car at would they say they could do it (is it legal?)

3. would this void a warranty (cuz i got one when i bought the car used)??

thank you very much this is guna help me out a lot as for what to buy
Old 03-11-2008, 03:47 AM
ford88
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: slp loudmouth

I can only answer number 1, and touch on number 2.

The slp lm1's are loud as hell and I love mine, you will definately notice it. And as getting them installed, you can get them installed anywhere, but the ford dealer will probably overprice you.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:36 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

I'll tell you tomorrrow, i ordered the LM II's and they're going on today or tomorrow!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:15 AM
baino
4th Gear Member

lmIs are quite a bit louder than lmIIs. You will definitely notice a difference either way. You can take them to ford for the install but as ford88 said, its gonna cost you when any shop could easily do it. As for the warranty, I was under the impression that any major mod (ie.- exhaust) would void your warranty unless maybe its a ford racing product.

I hada 60,000 mile warranty on mine when i bought it and it was voided the after the firsttwo weeks with mods, I just couldnt take it anymore
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 AM
mr_mustang23
2nd Gear Member

**** cuz i put like 2 grandon a good warranty. but the warranty is for drivetrain only so what do u think?
Old 03-11-2008, 09:58 AM
03GTVert
2nd Gear Member

1. LM1's are loud enough to wake the dead on the other side of the planet. If you want something that will be loud enough to shatter windows as you drive by... knock yourself out. I had them on my car when I bought it and hated out obnoxious it sounded so I swapped it out for a Bassani SS Cat back. To each their own.

2. Cat backs are absolutely legal as the cats are on the H or X pipe and aren't affected by the cat-back.

3. It is against the law for Ford to void your warranty for any after market parts... including superchargers or turbo's.. unless they can prove that the after market parts caused the damage you are trying to get them to warranty.

That does not mean that ford won't TRY to void your warranty, but for a cat back? I have never heard of ANYONE having a problem with Ford just because they swapped the cat back. It's probably safe to say that 50%+ of all v8 mustangs have aftermarket cat-back exhausts. I really wouldn't worry about the warranty at all.

Lastly, either do the install of the cat back yourself (it's not that hard if you have some basic tools and someone to give you a hand) or, if you're like me and would rather pay someone else to do it, just take it to a regular muffler shop, they'll charge you half or less of what a dealer would charge. When I had mine done they only charged me $70.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:07 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

I've said it a million times if I've said it once.

If you want to have a Loudmouth 1 setup buy some 3" piping. I'll take a sh*t in it and send it back to and you can pay me for the price for the loudmouth cause you'll basically have the same thing.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:37 AM
mvr
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 35thAnni99GT

I've said it a million times if I've said it once.

If you want to have a Loudmouth 1 setup buy some 3" piping. I'll take a sh*t in it and send it back to and you can pay me for the price for the loudmouth cause you'll basically have the same thing.
lol why does it matter to you what other peoples cars sound like.... stop hatin and worry about your car

i have the lm2, they are quieter down low(compared to the lm1) but scream up top.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:50 AM
mr_mustang23
2nd Gear Member

the lm2s sound a lot deeper, like a real muscle car, but people say it isnt loud. i think that the stock exhuast sound is pretty loud so the lm2s can only make it louder right?
Old 03-11-2008, 10:51 AM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

You got me. My cars a giant turd so I gotta hate on other people for having nice rides.

I'm saying don't waste your money on the SLP name for a LM1 cause stainlesssteel exhausts perform just as well as an aluminized system with (*gasp*) offbrand shotgun style resonators welded inand most likely will outlast your Mustang anyways and sound very similar.

Hey its his $500 dollar catback not mine. I'm just trying to help because if it was me I'd rather have a $300 dollar catback and have that extra $200 somewhere else.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: slp loudmouth