power gain estimates? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 AM   #11  
BostonBruins 2003GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: power gain estimates?

sorry guys I shoulda been a little more descriptive of what I want to do. I dont want another boosted car. I wanted to build this one N/A for the street and have a nice nitrous setup for the track. I'm not looking for 500 horsepower all the time. I do a lot of city driving and I think I'd end up walking with a limp all the time if I did. Even the clutch on my DSM in city driving was kinda rough.

Plus I dont like the fact that you put boost on first and then (realistically) need to retune it everytime you do another mod so it doesnt mess with your A/F ratio and other stuff.

I'm already looking at Nitrous Express Kits to go along with the heads and N/A cams. I've done a lot of lurking on this site reading stuff before I started posting and I realize I wont get HUGE numbers N/A....I'd be happy with low 300s NA and mid 400's on juice....
BostonBruins 2003GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #12  
BostonBruins 2003GT
1st Gear Member

but if a free-er flowing exhaust is on the list of things to do, i'll hafta look into it
Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 AM   #13  
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

exhaust doesn't help nearly as much as some people think. i'd get at least a catback so you sound like a mustang, i wouldn't worry about the other stuff just yet.
nanaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #14  
BostonBruins 2003GT
1st Gear Member

ok cool. So my short list of new parts are as follows.

4:10s
Stage II heads - patriot are the cheapest I could find
Stage II NA cams - Cushman
Trick Flow Intake
Catback
100 shot - Nitrous Express

That should eat up some paychecks for a while but after that I'll look into a set of longtubes, midpipe, JLT intake, TUNE...actually after that, I think its all suspension mods...that is unless something breaks....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #15  
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BostonBruins 2003GT

sorry guys I shoulda been a little more descriptive of what I want to do. I dont want another boosted car. I wanted to build this one N/A for the street and have a nice nitrous setup for the track. I'm not looking for 500 horsepower all the time. I do a lot of city driving and I think I'd end up walking with a limp all the time if I did. Even the clutch on my DSM in city driving was kinda rough.

Plus I dont like the fact that you put boost on first and then (realistically) need to retune it everytime you do another mod so it doesnt mess with your A/F ratio and other stuff.

I'm already looking at Nitrous Express Kits to go along with the heads and N/A cams. I've done a lot of lurking on this site reading stuff before I started posting and I realize I wont get HUGE numbers N/A....I'd be happy with low 300s NA and mid 400's on juice....

Centerforce clutches have soft pedal engaging. So I'd get a Stage 1 Centerforce if you're not planning on over 350rwhp.

4.10 gears
Sticky tires
O/R midpipe
Longtube headers
Catback
and the HCI combo you mentioned
tylerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:14 AM   #16  
tylerl90
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tylerl90

Quote:
ORIGINAL: BostonBruins 2003GT

Centerforce clutches have soft pedal engaging. So I'd get a Stage 1 Centerforce if you're not planning on over 400rwhp. probably.

4.10 gears
Sticky tires
O/R midpipe
Longtube headers
Catback
and the HCI combo you mentioned
tylerl90 is offline   Reply With Quote