4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Mustang japanese??

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 01:03 AM
badsp0rk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang japanese??

Where is the Mustang factory?

I was driving to Toronto last weekend and saw the Freestar factory.. jsut curious if there is a 'stang factory
Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 AM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

Why would ford spend more money to import japanese parts when they can make them cheaply here?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:43 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: badsp0rk

I was driving to Toronto last weekend and saw the Freestar factory.. jsut curious if there is a 'stang factory

i think the one i went by builds stangs also... but only the V6ers... not any GT's or cobras.... all of the SVT cars are built in Detroit at the SVT factory up there. and i think the normal ones are built somewhere in the mid east. check your window sticker to see where it was built. i will check my window sticker cause now im curious of where it is from.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
Broken
1st Gear Member

Dont believe anything on products that say where there made. I made plenty of parts in a machine shop i used to work for (in the US) and the last operation in the program would cut a "Made in Japan" into it.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:51 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

i honestly dont think it matters for the car where the parts were made. japan or usa, i'm sure they still use the same materials and parts. for example, the hemi in mexico. i don't think dodge would design the motor one way, and then build it a different way with different parts in mexico. i'm sure the motor would be the same no matter where it was made, seeing as its being made to US specs.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

Ford sells cars in japan and europe. I'm sure it's cheaper to assemble those cars over there then ship them over the pacific. Regarding parts. I'm sure many ford parts are outsourced to subcontractors who have a list of specifications that they must abide by. Quality Control insures that these rigid guidelines are met so it honestly doesn't matter who makes them. Any machine shop any where it the world can do it. Regarding dell and india, it's very easy to outsource customer support because you don't need to be anywhere near the factory to do it. All you need is an office with a bunch of phones and computers giving the support person the information they need. Because of this, your dell computer is cheaper and you get more customer support because dell does this. The cost of living in india is also much cheaper. The workers there need alot less money to live comparably well to someone from the US. The machines themselves, however, are assembled in the U.S. (made to order) which is why they ship so quickly. The components could come from anywhere though (as these are shipped in bult to the warehouse that assembles them. When the cost of shipping outweighs the cost of local production, production happens in the U.S. Of course almost all R&D happens here so whoever makes it is just making a U.S. design.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:05 PM
Phirantes
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallstar01

Ford sells cars in japan and europe.

True dat, check it out, i like the things they did to make it a jap version

Jap 35th
Old 04-13-2005, 12:25 PM
97STANG
2nd Gear Member

ALL mustangs EVER built through 2004 were in Dearborn, Mich. about 45 minutes from me. the 2005+ are now built in flat rock , mi.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:51 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 97STANG

ALL mustangs EVER built through 2004 were in Dearborn, Mich. about 45 minutes from me. the 2005+ are now built in flat rock , mi.
That's right. Alot of the trucks are made here in Toronto and Magna in Newmarket and Aurora makes alot of the parts for Mustangs.....bumpers, window mechanisms, grilles, seat tracks, etc.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:56 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

If you are really curious, just go to your local Ford dealer and check out the new car stickers on the left over '04's and new '05's. Right on the sticker they have to print what percentage of the car was built in the US and elsewhere. True they may assemble some Mustangs for sale in other countries around the world but all US sold Stangs were built in the US with mostly US parts. Many of Ford's large cars like Lincolns and Grand Marquis/Crown Vic's are made in Canada. I thought Ford opened a brand new plant just for building 2005 Mustangs. I know the old, traditional Mustang plant closed down last year.

Quick Reply: Mustang japanese??