4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Good Info / Bad Info!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default Good Info / Bad Info!

Alright guys...There has been a lot of bad information floating around the forums lately and I've noticed some pretty serious ones lately. So we're going to have to do away with the I heard from my brother's uncle's cousin's former roommate's gay uncle Bruce who used to own this hair salon, but his partner was half owner of a body shop that sold crack out the back door...And he said that the best way to get snow off the hood of your car was with a metal rake.

See my point here? Doesn't make any sense.

So do me a favor. If you don't have direct experience with something, or aren't positive how something works and you're just guessing...Keep your comments to yourself. I've corrected a few people in PM's lately that would have damaged their vehicle. You'd feel pretty bad if it was your car that was trashed because some 15 year old told you the wrong info.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Good Info / Bad Info!

Its youre choice to come on to a "forums" anyways and listen to people who you have no clue who they are.... Why would you make a post about this? Its a choice you make.. Thats all.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:11 PM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

How did I know you would be the first to respond? All I was saying was make sure you know what you're talking about before you give people info. Maybe it doesn't pertain to you...Maybe it does. You decide.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:12 PM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

Alright guys...There has been a lot of bad information floating around the forums lately and I've noticed some pretty serious ones lately. So we're going to have to do away with the I heard from my brother's uncle's cousin's former roommate's gay uncle Bruce who used to own this hair salon, but his partner was half owner of a body shop that sold crack out the back door...And he said that the best way to get snow off the hood of your car was with a metal rake.

So do me a favor. If you don't have direct experience with something, or aren't positive how something works and you're just guessing...Keep your comments to yourself. I've corrected a few people in PM's lately that would have damaged their vehicle. You'd feel pretty bad if it was your car that was trashed because some 15 year old told you the wrong info.
but wouldnt that scratch the hood?
Old 04-13-2005, 09:00 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

im lost at the gay uncle and the hair salon part
Old 04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
Silver4.6
3rd Gear Member

wait a min, is that where those scratches on my hood came from??

but yea, some of the things some of these guys say is ridiculous, and quite frankly stupid.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:28 PM
grabbem88
6th Gear Member

this is what don't get....peolpe give out bad info or just flat out B.S.! when some of us see it,and for the best interest of
the fellow stanger some of us have called the B.S. out,and told the stanger the right info or where they could find it.....we have gotten a nasty pm.....or something...yeah some of us lack in the "tact" area,but the bad info was worse than a little flame...

if you think you can keep this in check then good,but rest assured you gonna have your hands full....
Old 04-14-2005, 01:45 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: sidewayz4.6

PUT A STICKY ON THIS SUMBISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:47 PM
JonBeast

Yea, I find myself correcting people every now and then. Im not an expert, but I comment on the things I know about. If I'm not going to help, then I'm not going to post. People are here for fun, and for help, but we need more helpers than jokers.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:29 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

Do you think i could sue you for telling me i can use a metal rake?

Also how did you know i would be the first to post? What the F@@@ does that mean? Please keep this post going. I wanna hear more!!! Cause now im alittle on the mean side.... I'll be waiting!

Quick Reply: Good Info / Bad Info!