4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Diablo vs. Hypertech?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Jglisson
3rd Gear Member

Default Diablo vs. Hypertech?

In your opinion, which one is better? Which offers better gains? Is there anything else out there that is worth considering or are these the only two? Trying to decide between the two.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:31 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo vs. Hypertech?

SCT custom tuning is the best tuning available. don't settle for anything less.

DO NOT waste your time with a mail order tune. it wont do much for a car withminimal or no mods, and with heavy mods, they aren't accurate enough. a dyno tune with SCT chip/software is where it's at.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:16 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

all the posts i have read says diablosport is one of the best so i guess its up to you.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:37 AM
n2ocharged

BCisme, I was thinking about calling the guys at Steen Racing because they did some work on my Focus a while back, but now I want a chip (I traded my Focus for a Mustang) and the guy there said he could do a custom burn without the car there.... what do you know about that?

Do you think it would be safe?

Thanks,
Nate
Old 04-18-2005, 01:02 AM
Monster2v

Well since you asked about Diablosport and Hypertech only I'd defn say Diablosport. With the predator there is so much capabilities with it. You can defn do more on the Predator than the Hypertech. You can have a tune upload through the Diablosport software etc etc. Look on ebay I got mine for 345 shipped overnight from Washington State to PA, well worth the money!
Old 04-18-2005, 03:44 AM
neogenic83
3rd Gear Member

i had a hypertech the tune was garbage so i bought a diablo have been happy with it
Old 04-18-2005, 03:49 AM
BCisme
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: n2ocharged

BCisme, I was thinking about calling the guys at Steen Racing because they did some work on my Focus a while back, but now I want a chip (I traded my Focus for a Mustang) and the guy there said he could do a custom burn without the car there.... what do you know about that?

Do you think it would be safe?

Thanks,
Nate
they are referring to Ed Clark, who can burn you a SCT chip based on your mods. it will be good enough for your car to run safely, but you'll get more out of it with a dyno tune, because the tuner can actually see how your car is reacting to the mods/chip. this is basically what i did. he burned the chip, so i could drive the car. i drove it to him the next day for tuning, and he cleaned up the a/f ration, and got me the 300 rwhp i wanted.

so yes, it would be safe, but for max results, you need a dyno tune.

Steen is a great shop. they've been great to work with, especially since i am overseas. they have my car right now actually. and Ed is a great tuner. these are the only people who i allow to touch my car right now.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:56 PM
rw98
2nd Gear Member

hi, i have a diablo predator and soon as you load the program into your car, it's like having a new car.this thing changes shift points and definatly increases throttle response. with a couple of mods you will be verry happy. i have a 98 gt w/aode my mods are, 75mm BBK throttle body, C&L 80mm mafs w/powder coated pipe, C&L plenum, & K&N air filter. i have many more mods to my car but these realy made the performance difference, for me. i have just received my powerdyne supercharger(not installed yet),& i can't wait to use my predator with it. good luck with your choise, oh by the way i picked up my predator on e-bay for $345.00 shipped (well worth the money) see ya
Old 04-15-2006, 11:03 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

out of those two listed I would say Diablo wins no contest....but as others have Said I would go with SCT Xcal 2 over either of those.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:09 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

SCT is noteably the best, if I could redo it, I'd order the SCT XCal 2. The diablosport is a close second. Hypertech is worthless..

Note for the rest of you, not everyone has easy access to dyno's, so they may need to use a mail order tune, until such a time as they can get to a good dyno shop and get it tuned.... Just keep it open minded ya'll :-p

Diablosport has lots of fun options, I love it :-p

Quick Reply: Diablo vs. Hypertech?