4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
crazy03gt

Default Lowering Springs

Im am looking to get the eibach pro kit lowering springs.Im wondering how they would do on my 03 gt and howthe installation would go. I want to know how the ride quality going to be.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:25 PM
GTmusang01
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Springs

I just installed ford racing c springs today and for me installation was hard. After the first one on the front and back it got easy but let me tell you it seemed like problem after problem but you might get lucky. Just be careful those springs are dangerous.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:48 PM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

ride quality is decent, install is pretty simple if you know basically what your doing, lowers bout 1.5 inches...wasnt enough for me so i got ball joints and took out the rear isolators
Old 04-14-2008, 07:11 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

From what I have read if your're dropping more than one inch caster camber plates are recommended.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Jbauer
4th Gear Member

pro kits are gay as hell man. Not one person i know in real life likes them- and they look bad. i myself wasted 230 dollars on it. luckily springs are easy to re sell. I had to waste another 2 hours of my life installing the sportlines. Get sportlines or supersports. Even they're not low enoguh if you ask me. you'll still have real noticable wheel gap.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM
1sloblckgt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jbauer

pro kits are gay as hell man. Not one person i know in real life likes them- and they look bad. i myself wasted 230 dollars on it. luckily springs are easy to re sell. I had to waste another 2 hours of my life installing the sportlines. Get sportlines or supersports. Even they're not low enoguh if you ask me. you'll still have real noticable wheel gap.

???? Noticable wheel gap with sportlines?? Are you riding on 13" wheels? When I had 17's with my sportlines there was hardly any gap at all. Now with my 18's there is no wheel gap.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1sloblckgt

ORIGINAL: Jbauer

???? Noticable wheel gap with sportlines?? Are you riding on 13" wheels? When I had 17's with my sportlines there was hardly any gap at all. Now with my 18's there is no wheel gap.

he started off with 'pro kits are gay'

but um... I'm in real life... and guess what I LIKE EM... actually I LOVE EM!!

^^pro-kits.
Old 04-14-2008, 10:27 AM
MustangMan00
5th Gear Member

ya i love mine too, the ride and everything but they were't as low as I wanted, but I got bal joints and took out the iso's and therefore I didnt need c/c plates like if i got SS's or something
Old 04-14-2008, 11:25 AM
h0micide
1st Gear Member

i also like my pro-kit... I bought the springs and shocks and MM C/C plates installed them all at the same time and i was very pleased with the outcome.

The ride quality could be better but IF I WANTED RIDE QUALITY I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A CADILLAC.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:14 PM
dubarado
4th Gear Member

^^exactly... I'm not complaining about my ride quality... and the springs hold up well... Had 4 people in my backseat the other night... and it rode tough, but the springs held up.

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs