4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 03:07 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: chin spoiler

ORIGINAL: CobraBabe01

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

I just took a better look at mine, and it fits perfectly... odd... oh well I dunno!
yours does seem to fit flush on the front but I'd bet they stretched or it isn't the actual Mach 1 spoiler because the damn thing does not want to fit like that and it doesn't on the Mach.

Yours looks great like that though and at least we know it CAN be done. Thanks. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Only if I could take the props in actually putting it on myself, lol, but I didn't.. bought it like that.. also bought it with some weird retro emblems, anyone know where these are from??

Those are neat.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:12 PM
CobraBabe01

I just took a better look at mine, and it fits perfectly... odd... oh well I dunno!
yours does seem to fit flush on the front but I'd bet they stretched or it isn't the actual Mach 1 spoiler because the damn thing does not want to fit like that and it doesn't on the Mach.

Yours looks great like that though and at least we know it CAN be done. Thanks. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Only if I could take the props in actually putting it on myself, lol, but I didn't.. bought it like that.. also bought it with some weird retro emblems, anyone know where these are from??

Those are neat.

No they are ugly I'm buyin just the regular GT emblems! I dont think that really meshes with my car lol
Old 04-19-2005, 03:22 PM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kubball2005

Dang those chin spoilers look tight. I might have to get me one of those , but headers and underdrives are kinda up there on my list right now [&:]
Thanks for clarifying, Mike – I’m straight now.

Hey kubball2005 – They’re only like $59 shipped from Mustang Tuning. I’m saving for some other goodies myself, but said “fugg-it†since their under a hundy.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:47 PM
romancer
2nd Gear Member

I do have one on my GT... but I bought it like that... so I don't know what else to tell ya LoL! If you want me to I can look at it and see how it's thrown on there (I've only had the car for 2 days, haven't gotten down and dirty with her yet LoL) But I'd be glad to help :-D
you got a GT after a TA?....

why...? lol
Old 04-19-2005, 03:51 PM
CobraBabe01

ORIGINAL: romancer

I do have one on my GT... but I bought it like that... so I don't know what else to tell ya LoL! If you want me to I can look at it and see how it's thrown on there (I've only had the car for 2 days, haven't gotten down and dirty with her yet LoL) But I'd be glad to help :-D
you got a GT after a TA?....

why...? lol

If u look on my UPR thread, it explains there :-) I hate explaining it 100 times lol
Old 05-02-2005, 11:32 AM
mochrome

One bit of advice is that the chin spoiler does not follow the curve of the front bumper and actually sits back about a quarter of an inch from the front. It gradually goes back to flush when it gets to the wheel wells. If you try to make it flush at the front, you will end up with a gap at the wheel wells.

FIRST - tape it exactly where you want it on each side......where it meets each wheelwell and then go to the center of the front and tape that next. Then just work your way back from there for a perfect fit. Drill the holes with it taped in place if you want or just mark them.
Thanks These instructions are right on the money, and as stated the spolier will sit back about 1/4" from the front. At least that's the case with the OEM spoiler I purchased from Ford.