4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

chin spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:16 PM
sandcracker21
4th Gear Member

Default chin spoiler

does any1 have the mach 1 chin spoiler on their Gt?

was it hard to get on? i dont like the sound of drilling into my GT!
Old 04-18-2005, 10:34 PM
StangGT804
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: chin spoiler

ORIGINAL: sandcracker21

does any1 have the mach 1 chin spoiler on their Gt?

was it hard to get on? i dont like the sound of drilling into my GT!
Im glad im not the only person who feels the same, that is why I havent put mine on yet!! Dont want to mess up!! lol
Old 04-18-2005, 11:03 PM
CobraBabe01

I do have one on my GT... but I bought it like that... so I don't know what else to tell ya LoL! If you want me to I can look at it and see how it's thrown on there (I've only had the car for 2 days, haven't gotten down and dirty with her yet LoL) But I'd be glad to help :-D
Old 04-18-2005, 11:05 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

I was thinking of getting one to match my mach 1 delete grill i read about it and it really doesnt look that big of a deal the chin spoiler has the pre drilled holes you tape the spoiler to your car the way you want it using duct tape then you just drill through the predrilled holes and your done take off the tape and enjoy. 15min at the most
Old 04-18-2005, 11:22 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

there is nothing to it. tape it where you want it and mark the holes where they line up with the pre-drilled ones on the spoiler.

drill them out and grab some regular body panel fasteners from your local parts shop......The lug type.....they just push in and voila. all done.

The drilling is a no brainer and it's underneath so you will never see it....and it's only a little piece of plastic you are drilling through anyway. You can use some 2 sided body tape tape help secure it, if it makes you feel better but you don't need it. The plugs will be fine.

The only problem I had was that I had to jack the car up to get the drill to go in straight because of the drop on mine.

One bit of advice is that the chin spoiler does not follow the curve of the front bumper and actually sits back about a quarter of an inch from the front. It gradually goes back to flush when it gets to the wheel wells. If you try to make it flush at the front, you will end up with a gap at the wheel wells.

FIRST - tape it exactly where you want it on each side......where it meets each wheelwell and then go to the center of the front and tape that next. Then just work your way back from there for a perfect fit. Drill the holes with it taped in place if you want or just mark them.

Go for it. You can't f**k it up.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:05 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

I actually just ordered mine today from Mustang Tuning ($59 shipped). I’ve heard what Mike stated, that they’re not that bad to install. I’ll try to snap some pics and upload em when mine arrives (probably late this week or early next week)…
Old 04-19-2005, 01:30 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ive got it on my stang. and it matches up all the way around the front bumper.... hmmm, thats weird then? the people before me had it on their car and i think it looks great. makes the front of the car look real good. i put tire shine on it when i clean the car and it really stands out then.
Old 04-19-2005, 01:50 AM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

i agree i think the chin spoiler sets its off real nice i plan on getting one real soon.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:19 AM
josh_0351
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

ive got it on my stang. and it matches up all the way around the front bumper.... hmmm, thats weird then? the people before me had it on their car and i think it looks great. makes the front of the car look real good. i put tire shine on it when i clean the car and it really stands out then.
Yea, I’m stoked and cannot wait to get mine! It should look good on a white coupe. How far down does it hang – 2 inches, 4 inches, etc?
Old 04-19-2005, 11:57 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: racer02GTstang

The stock Mach 1 chin spoiler does not line up flush with the front bumper of any 99+ GT.....unless you want a gap at the wheel wells.

Quick Reply: chin spoiler