4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Meziere electric water pump?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:01 PM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

Default Meziere electric water pump?

Yay or nay? Ive read of guys picking up some decent gains with one. Anybody have any personal experience with the meziere electric water pump first hand? Average gains? I was looking at the kit on brenspeed, pump and relay kit for $335:

http://www.brenspeed.com/mustang_46/cooling.html
Old 04-21-2008, 12:21 AM
tbirdscwd
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Meziere electric water pump?

I haven't installed mine yet, still waiting for the new engine to come. But like you said, I've heard many people claim decent gains and a cooler running engine. I'll let you know next friday when the intall hopefully takes place.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

oxfordgt just installed one i believe, he didnt mention anything negative about it in the thread he made
Old 04-21-2008, 07:27 AM
MineralGrey
3rd Gear Member

not to knock this prouct but I just installed a stewart belt driven water pump which requires less than 3hp @ 6000 rpms to operate and only costs 149.99 Ipaired it w/ steedas U/D pullis I'd say w/ both installed around 20hp. http://www.stewartcomponents.net/Mer..._Code=FMUSTHPR
Old 04-21-2008, 09:38 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

yeah i think im going to throw the meziere electric pump on when i do my cams before she goes on the dyno just to make sure i hit that 400/400 mark
Old 04-21-2008, 10:12 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

I have no experience with this pump but the one thing I have read over the years is to be careful with an electric pump on a street car.

If you have a belt driven pump normally as it gets old and starts giving out it's a some what slow process.(like the pump on my GP, she's slowly going out) but I've heard on electric pump cars, when they go, they go. Which on a track car isn't a huge deal because you're only making a 10-14 second pass (or something like that[8D]).

So the scenario I always imagined is a nice Saturday morning cruise ending in a very hot engine. So I have always been weary of buying electric for my car.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:18 AM
Eagle2000GT
4th Gear Member

I've been running a Miezere electric water pump for 15,000 miles without any problems. I personally believe I have a more consistant engine tempature with it than I did before. I did a lot of things at once but the tuner thought it gave me around 17 rwhp. As far as mechanical waterpump gracefully going out... maybe, maybe not. I was stranded on Sunday going cross-country when a mechanical water pump when out. It did hang in there long enough for me to get off the interstate.

P.S. Why is it that things break at the most inconvient times? Especially on Sunday's when your far from home.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:21 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Eagle2000GT

I've been running a Miezere electric water pump for 15,000 miles without any problems. I personally believe I have a more consistant engine tempature with it than I did before. I did a lot of things at once but the tuner thought it gave me around 17 rwhp. As far as mechanical waterpump gracefully going out... maybe, maybe not. I was stranded on Sunday going cross-country when a mechanical water pump when out. It did hang in there long enough for me to get off the interstate.

P.S. Why is it that things break at the most inconvient times? Especially on Sunday's when your far from home.
Because that's the rule, only at the most inconvenient times.[&o] Oh I'm not saying a mechanical pump won't wreck your day, I'm just saying from what I've read electric pumps don't give you any warning when they decide they're done.
Old 04-21-2008, 11:23 AM
97stanger
5th Gear Member

but isnt that the purpose of the relay kit?
Old 04-21-2008, 11:28 AM
josh.davis
3rd Gear Member

i have the water pump and its a great mod. It nice and quiet and smooth sounding. The relay kit is required so you don't catch car on fire.

Quick Reply: Meziere electric water pump?