4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

H&R Spring, Bilstein Question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:36 PM
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

Default H&R Spring, Bilstein Question.

Can someone tell me how the pairing works out? And the diffrence, I am finding mixed options and am not sure what to get.

H&R Sport Springs vs. H&R Race Springs. What diffrences are there? Are they both progressive? Should I still use the 4.25 Sway Bar Endlink with both?

Bilstein HD Shocks/Struts vs. Bilstein Sport Valved Shocks/Struts? What is a good selection of these 4.

Mostly Street Use. Not just for strait line. Very Minor Track Use. Car is not a Daily Driver. Thanks.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Default RE: H&R Spring, Bilstein Question.

I can't answer your exact questions, but when I asked Maximum Motorsports they said that the Bilstein HD shocks/struts would be the best for my H&R Super Sports.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Melectrok
2nd Gear Member

I have called maximum motorsports on this but felt I should leave my findings on here for others. This is the info the best I can remember it per Chris in sales at maximum motorsports.

Super Sport Springs. Would never run super sport's on a car used for street more the 25% of the time. They are just to low.

Sport Springs. Mostly used to replace factory springs. They are a little lower but dont have much more performance then factory. (Cobra at least).

Race Springs. Best all around Springs for street use with some track use. Lower the car and offer a stiff spring for better performance.

Bilstein HD's. Best with Race springs for most aggressive street use, with very minimal track use.

Bilstein Sport Valved. Paired with race springs will make the ride way stiffer and is only recomended for people that will spend alot of time at the track.[/align]
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 AM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

I can't answer your exact questions, but when I asked Maximum Motorsports they said that the Bilstein HD shocks/struts would be the best for my H&R Super Sports.
+1. i have the same setup. it's being installed right now. if i turn around my car is 5 ft in the air, and later it will be almost 2" lower:-)
Old 04-30-2008, 07:54 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

ORIGINAL: Melectrok

I have called maximum motorsports on this but felt I should leave my findings on here for others. This is the info the best I can remember it per Chris in sales at maximum motorsports.

Super Sport Springs. Would never run super sport's on a car used for street more the 25% of the time. They are just to low.

Sport Springs. Mostly used to replace factory springs. They are a little lower but dont have much more performance then factory. (Cobra at least).

Race Springs. Best all around Springs for street use with some track use. Lower the car and offer a stiff spring for better performance.

Bilstein HD's. Best with Race springs for most aggressive street use, with very minimal track use.

Bilstein Sport Valved. Paired with race springs will make the ride way stiffer and is only recomended for people that will spend alot of time at the track.[/align]
I don't necessarily agree with the comment on the SS's. I have them and my car is 100% street. You have to slow down and watch speed bumps, but they are nowhere as low as my old GT with a coil-over set up.

If you do a lot of driving with speed bumps then I would avoid them but otherwise go for them. They are one of the best stances you can get.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:52 AM
quitbichyn
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jmac72187

ORIGINAL: Melectrok

I don't necessarily agree with the comment on the SS's. I have them and my car is 100% street. You have to slow down and watch speed bumps, but they are nowhere as low as my old GT with a coil-over set up.

If you do a lot of driving with speed bumps then I would avoid them but otherwise go for them. They are one of the best stances you can get.
I finished the install. looks pretty damn good so far. just waiting for the springs to settle in. i've been told that takes up to 2 weeks, is that right? i thought it would be a couple days.. either way, im already loving the stance and its only gonna go lower. id recommend this setup even if your car is 100% street BUT serious consideration should be given to the condition of the roads you typically drive on.

+1 for the coil overs being a lil bit lower. my buddys got them on his mach1 and it sits lower than mine. even after the springs settle, i dont see it being lower than his.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:12 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

I didn't notice my SS's settling much at all. They were pretty much at that point right away.