4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My pony is all ripped apart!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 07:06 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My pony is all ripped apart!

ORIGINAL: Casper98GT

Too much money involved to install them. I have the PI intake install and I am close to having most of the hp bolt-ons done. So I'm just going to wait till the engine is ready to go and drop in a new PI motor with P&P heads and cams instead of doing a rebuild and using the PI heads I have now.
Any sence made there what so ever? lol... Too much to get everything done... When you get youre new motor that will be pricey... also youre gonna have to have someone rip them heads off, and then port and polish and cams... then have someone set up the timing and everything. Then put it in youre car... lol.

Sorry to make everything sound so complicated.

But the money part is understandable. I hate it. Just when i start thinking im all set... WHAM something else goes wrong and the money just keep pouring out into aftermarket parts. [:@]
LOL. Yeah, I meant that I will eventually be gettting a new motor....like when it hits 200K or it dies![:-] I just don't want to spend the money on it. It makes more sense to me to wait and put a new motor in or rebuild it......either way it's a long way down the road. I only have 75K on it now.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:15 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: devinsteen

Too much money involved to install them. I have the PI intake install and I am close to having most of the hp bolt-ons done. So I'm just going to wait till the engine is ready to go and drop in a new PI motor with P&P heads and cams instead of doing a rebuild and using the PI heads I have now.
Any sence made there what so ever? lol... Too much to get everything done... When you get youre new motor that will be pricey... also youre gonna have to have someone rip them heads off, and then port and polish and cams... then have someone set up the timing and everything. Then put it in youre car... lol.

Sorry to make everything sound so complicated.

But the money part is understandable. I hate it. Just when i start thinking im all set... WHAM something else goes wrong and the money just keep pouring out into aftermarket parts. [:@]
LOL. Yeah, I meant that I will eventually be gettting a new motor....like when it hits 200K or it dies![:-] I just don't want to spend the money on it. It makes more sense to me to wait and put a new motor in or rebuild it......either way it's a long way down the road. I only have 75K on it now.
I'm starting to get up there, 114K
Old 04-25-2005, 01:24 PM
PI Pumped 98
1st Gear Member

Hey guys its stonemonk i had to change my name cuz it wuldnt let me post..... but besides that, id be pretty happy about that nut, i dont think id even look for it. I would've started pullin the heads right away! And dont let casper scare you the job isnt that big. All you need is a good manual i had a hanes but i really dont think they give enough info, but id say almost anyone could do it with alil help.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:59 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

YOU ARE THE ****ING MAN!!!! lol. I was thinking of things to do since.... THE ****ING NUT IS ALUMINUM!!!!!!!! HORSE SHAT!!!

Im VERY angry right now. I got a boroscope... looked down inside and its DEFF there. So now im happy at least i know where it is. So i rig a magnet on a piece of mechanics wire and stick it down there with my boroscope. I touch it knock it around and NOTHING!

If you all could only see the veins ripping out of me everywhere im soooooo mad right now. I really dont wanna spend an *** load of money on heads, cams, intake, port and polish, aftermarket cams... blah blah blah.... Good thing is i can do all the work myself.

But it just makes me mad a simple fuel rail swap turned into ripping into my motor. GRRR>... maybe it was a blessing... but the money spent will NOT be a blessing.

and yeah, the old 98 4.6 with PI equipment and nitrous would be a monster. lol... I have more pics i wanna show everyone also. So just be patient. BECAUSE I AM!!! I cant drive my baby [:@][:@]\

Until tmrw when i get a small piece of vaccum line and attach it to the shop vac.... then BAM i hope it works!! I was gonna try a straw and try and suck it up... lol. j/k.
Get it out yet?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:58 PM
Casper98GT
I ♥ Acer

NOPE! lol. I havent even tried though.

And dont let casper scare you the job isnt that big. All you need is a good manual i had a hanes but i really dont think they give enough info, but id say almost anyone could do it with alil help.
It is a pain in the ***. But i could swap heads in a matter of 5-6 hours. Its not really hard. Its like doing rear end gears, Just make sure everything is lined up like it supposed to be and its not bad. Just a pain in the ***, and something i could do without right now. I just wanna get everything up and tuned. I really dont wanna spend anymore money.